The ideal candidate will support the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities and will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Human Resource Information System (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation and employment in our South Dakota plant (280 employees).
The HR Manager will maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices. ·
- Provide necessary direction, support and guidance to all human resource staff to influence increased performance and customer satisfaction.
- Manage Human Resource Team in Madison including, Occupational and safety nurse and HR Generalist
- Work closely with the Plant Manager and Production Supervisors to ensure efficiency, consistency, and optimization for the functions within the organization and the various teams.
- Responsible for assigned recruiting activities that support manufacturing operation including but not limited to: applicant tracking, advertising, candidate screenings, interviews, participating in the selection and hiring process.
- Assist with employee relations issues; confer with the department supervisors, HR Director, and management staff concerning employee disciplinary action.
- Assist in management of workers’ compensation caseload. Work with the site safety team and outside safety consultant on safety-related issues. Actively participate on safety committee.
- Provide assistance and participate in training programs.
- Provide new hire orientation and perform necessary follow-up work on new employees during probationary periods.
- Drive with the performance appraisal process for the facility, working with management and HR Director on employee merit increases and performance improvement plans.
- Offer assistance to the HR Director in areas of policy, legal/government compliance, handbook updates, benefits, compensation and other matters affecting department/company operations.
- Conduct employee terminations and exit interview.
- Administer employee benefit programs in accordance with company policies and practices.
- Coordinate and assist in annual open enrollment benefit meetings.
- Manage employee service activities such as social functions, attendance program, service award luncheons, and retirement receptions, etc.
- Provide monthly HR reports/metrics.
- Coordinate information through the corporate payroll department as needed.
- Complete local wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Assist in the preparation of the Human Resources budget for the plant.
- Manage HR communications, emails and employee HR rendezvous meetings for the plant.
- Bachelor's degree and relevant experience
- 5+ years' experience in Human Resources
- Strong recruiting and demonstrated ability to improve talent acquisition strategies
- Demonstrated expertise training managers and employees
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and communications skills
- Attention to detail and good judgement