The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing H.R. direction and counsel to managers, streamlining hiring processes to ensure consistent, effective and efficient hiring, and ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws.
The HRM role is 10% strategic and 90% tactical.
The strategic portion consists of driving business results through solid people strategy and leadership, which includes the following four leadership principles – 1) hire great people, 2) set clear expectations, 3) provide the tools they need to succeed, 4) hold them accountable.
The tactical portion requires a willingness to dig in and manage the “weeds” of the business to include risk management (workers compensation/unemployment), recruiting and hiring, employee relations, employee engagement, benefits administration, progressive discipline, compliance with regulatory or collective bargaining requirements (where applicable), and compliance to the Mandatory Requirements while building upon a culture of employee engagement and setting the example for all employees in the branch/region of servant leadership and personal commitment to the company values.
- Manage to 2.5% unbilled overtime or less in the branch/region
- Year over year improvement in Employee Engagement scores in the branch/region
- Year over year improvement in SUTA rates
- Year over year improvement in Workers Compensation/Safety performance
- Ongoing recruiting to ensure branch/region has employee candidates to staff to 110% level of branch and account staffing needs
- Personally recruit a minimum of one new manager/staff in your branch annually
- 100% compliance to the Mandatory Requirements
- Lead by example
Company-Wide Culture - High Integrity (Character Beyond Reproach), Servant Leader (Never Asking Anyone to Do What You Aren’t Willing to Do), Hands-On Leader, Financially Prudent, Detail-Oriented, Thick-Skinned, Fun. Position-Specific - Fiercely Competitive (Hates to Lose), Comfortable Dealing with Ambiguity
- BS/BA preferred, but not required.
- +7 years Human Resources experience required.
- Service or security industry experience preferred.
- Clean background required.