Human Resources - Operations Manager
This position is responsible for three primary People Ops support functions; compensation and benefits policies and packages, legal and compliance, and the departmental infrastructure such as - HRMS database, workflow, and internal processes. This role provides vision, leadership, planning, project coordination and management for the legal and compliance team, the comp and benefits team, and the HRMS team.
The HR Operations Manager, is responsible for ensuring the backend systems and support are aligned to compliance needs as well as aligned to the current and future business needs within the HR organization. This means you are someone that enjoys finding efficiencies and process improvements to optimize the performance of the People Ops team.
In addition, you are also engaged with and understand industry standard total compensation packages and can successfully plan, develop and implement new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the organization's goals and competitive practices. Also responsible for ensuring through audits, legal reports and personal interactions that compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
This role requires great attention to detail, project management skills, and the ability to analyze data and apply critical thinking, as well as being solutions oriented and a thought leader for perks and benefits that allows Weedmaps to maintain an edge in the tech industry.
- Own the HRMS vision, strategy and execution to leverage its full capabilities to support the People Ops function and employee population.
- Build and lead the HRMS team in managing the day to day activities to support the People Ops and payroll teams.
- Manage the HR page(s) within the company intranet to ensure a robust employee and manager self-help resource.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, programs, guidelines and procedures; recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and company objectives; coordinate implementation and provide guidance to leadership and management
- Provide advice and guidance to management and leadership on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, ensuring consistency, fair pay and compliance.
- Partner with legal on new and revised corporate compliance requirements.
- Keep apprised of global, federal, state, and local laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Manage all employee benefit programs such as 401k, health and wellness, and perks. Stay apprised of and ensure all legal and plan compliance, review and audit plans and programs annually for improvement opportunities and enhancements, and manage the relationship with our broker and support staff.
- Build and lead the compensation and benefits teams in managing the day to day activities that support the People Ops team and WM employees.
- Develop techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting HRMS report data.
- Coordinate with the recruiting team to inform and prep the recruiters attending the event
- Build and manage the employee documents and files in accordance with document retention laws and guidelines
- 3-5 years of experience in an HR leadership role
- Experience with multi-state organization supporting a remote workforce
- Bachelor s degree in HR or related field and active HR Certification
- Technically savvy - up to date on the HR tech landscape, ability to understand requirements and effectively communicate with IT to ensure compliance and product support.
- Proactive - recognizing and addressing needs before they arise
- Committed to confidentiality - can be trusted with highly sensitive and confidential information, default conduct exemplifies integrity
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation and benefit programs, company policies and operations.
- Excel expertise including pivot tables and vlookups
- Previous successful HRMS implementation and migration
- Excellent project management skills
- Commitment to efficiencies - proven track record of identifying and implementing workflow and process improvements
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Accident Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read no suit and tie required , but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www. dhs. gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!