The HR Partner position serves as a consultant to corporate and retail store management on human resource-related issues. The position collaborates across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the objectives of the organization. The ideal candidate will be an organized team player that enjoys managing and prioritizing a variety of work. Someone that thrives in a collaborative team environment, isn’t shy about jumping in and problem solving, and is eager to grow and develop within Human Resources.
(The essential functions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. Duties and responsibilities are also subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
• Consults with management, providing HR partnership, coaching and guidance.
• Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
• Provides guidance and coaching with organizational structure, alignment to organizational initiatives, talent management, and talent development.
• Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
• Use data proactively to communicate organizational trends and identify areas of improvement.
• Lead continuous improvement efforts to ensure best practices within Human Resources process/systems.
• Enjoy and thrive in a fast pace, results focused culture managing a wide variety of HR projects.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department and throughout the organization.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related discipline, or an additional 2 years' business experience in lieu of a degree
• Minimum 3 years' experience in a progressive HR role, preferably in Retail, Apparel industry.
• PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification preferred
• Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, experience in more than one discipline preferred.
• Experience working within HR systems, preferably ADP. Ability to quickly learn and master new systems.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Windows-based applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Must possess strong business acumen
• Working knowledge of federal and state labor laws.
• Able to comfortably move between strategic and day-to-day HR operations.
• Strong communication, judgment, and decision making.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• Strong collaborator who values and enjoys working with teammates in support of the business.
• An open-minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic Hanna team members.
• Comprehensive benefits package including dependent care/transit flex plans, adoption assistance, paid volunteer hours, and more.
• An awesome dog policy, occasional happy hours and a nice Hanna discount!
At Hanna, our vision is to be the premier children’s lifestyle brand. We will achieve this primarily through our enthusiastic associates who are customer-focused, innovative, results-oriented and comfortable working in a collaborative and growth-driven work environment. We strive for a culture that is balanced – we work hard, but encourage our associates to maintain a healthy balance in their daily lives.
Hanna Andersson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.