Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Plant HR and Payroll Administrator at the Penbryn, NJ plant.
At Johns Manville we are committed to delivering positive and powerful experiences, because we are successful only when our employees and customers thrive! We are passionate, we care about people, we perform, and we protect others and our environments. If these values align with your values too; you will find a position at Johns Manville to be one where you can grow, learn and thrive!
The Plant HR and Payroll Administrator will wear a variety of hats to include support services to the facility including general human resources and communication, hourly payroll processing, accounts payable/accounts receivable and purchasing activities. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
Your Day to Day:
* Provide general administrative support for HR and plant departments -- function can include compensation, benefits, employment, employee relations.
* Responsible for hourly payroll.
* Distribute mail, screen calls and respond to routine questions and maintain office supplies.
* Assist in preparing and generating correspondence/reports, operate photocopier, facsimile and other office equipment.
* Assist in building or maintaining reports as required for various departments.
* Assist in filing, organizing and maintaining documents are required throughout the plant
* Assist in processing new employee paperwork, new hire orientation and training records.
* Assist with employee benefit enrollment, queries and data entry.
* Schedule interviews and coordinate schedules for onsite visits and interviews.
* Enter and analyze data in standardized spreadsheets, databases or file management programs. Prepare summaries and materials for presentations.
* Take the lead on projects to support HR and the plant.
* Communicating and interacting with internal contacts and external vendors, customers and the public when needed.
* Researching, tracking and analyzing data for assigned projects.
* Preparing professional project presentations and initiate follow-up activities to ensure project integrity.
What You Bring to The Team:
* Completion of a business-related diploma/certificate, or the equivalent training and experience.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in an administrative support role.
* Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
* Strong computer skills.
* Ability to learn and work independently.
* Experience in a union plant would be an asset
* Familiarity with New Jersey Payroll
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled