Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
The HR Representative will be a member of the HR Business Head Team. The position will focus on client needs, particularly Area Manager and below. Job will be located in the Midland Permian Basin area.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Provide HR support for field locations in the Midland Permian Basin Area.
- Support in the areas of employee relations and training.
- Respond to all inquiries promptly and thoroughly while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Investigate and resolve Employee Relations questions/issues with direction from the HR Supervisor and/or HR Director.
- Support human resources processes and procedures to ensure accurate, timely and consistent delivery to clients in areas such as exit interviews, transfers, relocations, etc.
- Act as a resource and advisor to line managers on human resource matters, including but not limited to performance management, new hire on boarding, recruiting and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, applicable laws and employment legislation.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business and/or HR or related disciplines) .
- Minimum of 5-8+ years of experience in Human Resources with at least 3 years of employee relations experience.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Experience delivering solutions that align with HR business strategies.
- Willingness to travel to company locations as needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Job is performed in an office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Targa Resources.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview