Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for an experienced HR Services Coordinator in the Indianapolis area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
The HR Services Coordinator is part of a shared service team that provides support to employees, managers and the HR team with all aspects of the management of the employment lifecycle. This is a supportive role to HR Specialists, location managers and employees.
Candidate must work with precision and be a resourceful team player who is enthusiastic about connecting with others, has a strong sense of duty, is persistent, and likes to complete work with accurate detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages employment lifecycle transactions from the onboarding to off boarding for assigned branch locations in accordance with established processes and with a high-volume workload.
• Engages managers and employees to gather data and documents for a variety of employment situations including candidate screenings, onboarding, benefits enrollments, payroll processing, transfers, leave of absences, work accidents, performance, disciplinary and terminations, etc.
• Serves as initial point of contact for employees and managers on most HR needs and requests. Interacts with employees to determine scope of needs, resolution of issues, and as necessary directs employees to the appropriate resources within HR or elsewhere when events warrant an escalation in order to be resolved.
• Finds opportunity for continuous improvement initiatives within assigned scope of work. Proposes solutions and ideas to find more efficient ways to deliver HR support to employees. Manages assigned projects as part of the department goals to deliver better ways of working within Human Resources
• Ensures consistent adherence to Company policies and on-time practices and progressions.
• Will be cross-trained and serve as backup to other team members within the department as assigned.
• Explains available benefits programs and answers questions regarding benefits available to employees.
• Assists employees with enrollment, changes, updates, and terminations in benefit programs.
• Answers and responds to participant questions and requests via telephone, email communication, and in-person in a timely manner.
• Coordinates annual events like flu shot clinics, financial wellness events and webinars.
• Helps plan and organize the Open Enrollment process.
• Maintains benefits and medical files ensuring compliance with regulation and policy.
• Responds to 401(k) inquiries from employees relating to enrollments, contribution changes, and plan changes.
• Processes 401(k) loans and withdrawals.
Leaves of Absence
• Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: military, personal, disability, and FMLA.
• Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences, disabilities, restricted duties, and ADA accommodations.
• Analyzes FMLA claims to determine eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Manages and tracks FMLA and medical leave absences, certifications, and recertifications.
• Enters leave-related time off in time keeping system on a regular basis.
• Monitors benefit continuation and employee health insurance premiums for employees on leaves of absence.
• Communicates decisions and on-going expectations with employees.
• Coordinates new employee onboarding experience from offer acceptance through first month check–in. Ensures exceptional experience for the new employee as they navigate onboarding requirements and indoctrination within the Company to include;
Collects and processes new hire forms and manage the onboarding of new employees
Conducts background checks and facilitate drug screenings
Verifies employment eligibility
Enters new hires information into ADP’s HRIS, Time & Attendance and Applicant Tracking Systems
Creates and maintain accurate employee files
Coordinates and conducts New Hire Orientation class
Creates and distributes employee badges
• Enters, approves, and maintains accurate employee information changes in the HRIS and Time & Attendance systems on a timely basis following Company policy and government regulations. Coordinates and communicates changes with payroll and processing.
• Follows HR processes and guides employees and managers to follow appropriate workflows, timelines, policies, and best practices within all areas of HR.
• Provides guidance and support to front-line leaders on a range of issues including company policies, performance management, employee development, disciplinary actions, and terminations of employment.
• Coordinates the off boarding of exiting employees from advising employees and managers of related policies and procedures through termination reporting.
Aids employees and managers through the termination of employment process working collaboratively with HR.
Educates exiting employees regarding their benefits and final pay implications related to termination.
Responds to unemployment claims; gathers supporting documents; coordinates and leads unemployment hearings.
• Other duties as assigned by manager.
• Follow Koorsen policies and procedures.
• Ensure timely and professional communication with coworkers, customers, and vendors.
• Represent Koorsen in a professional manner.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Minimum three years’ progressive human resources experience
• Valid driver’s licenses with acceptable driving record
• The ability to pass drug and background check
• Bachelor’s degree in business discipline, Human Resources or a related degree
• Experience supporting front-line employees in a multi-location service company
• Experience using ADP Workforce Now and Essential Time or Kronos
• Previous experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
• Positive attitude with results-driven work ethic
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency understanding and interpreting HR rules and regulations
• Strong employee relations, service focus, collaboration and teamwork skills
• Strong verbal and written communications and telephone skills
• Strong organizational skills, time management and comprehensive follow-through
• Technical and professional principles, practices, laws, applications, etc. in programs such as ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, PPACA, FMLA, USERRA, DOL.
• Ability to define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions; generate innovative ideas to develop or improve existing systems.
• Communicate well both verbally and in writing; listen to and understand various viewpoints; share relevant information timely; maintain professionalism.
• Consistently build knowledge and keep informed and updated on areas of expertise.
• Provide excellent employee experience by offering HR expertise, quality customer service, relationship building, and ethical practices.
• Handle complex employee issues through tact, diplomacy while maintaining confidentiality
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
• Detailed oriented with ability to accurate input information and follow defined processes
• Quickly learn new tools and technologies
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Please review the following to ensure that you are aware of key information for all applicants. If you have questions, please contact us at hiring”at”koorsen.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, or any other legally protected status.
Family Medical Leave Act: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. meets all regulations for complying with the Family Medical Leave Act.
E-Verify and Workers Rights: Koorsen Fire & Security Inc. participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. The E-Verify and workers' rights notice are available in English and Spanish.
Accommodation Requests: If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at hiring”at”koorsen.com. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
Privacy Agreement: Please be aware of the following when answering conviction-related questions: Applicants should not disclose convictions that have been expunged, sealed, or statutorily eradicated; Misdemeanor convictions for which probation has been successfully completed or discharged and the case has been judicially dismissed; or Any referrals to a diversion program.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
1. New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form with 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
2. Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, the Department of Motor Vehicles, are required of all Positions.
3. Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.