The HR Shared Services Coordinator will play an important part in the recruitment process. This role will work closely with the Associations Regional HR Managers-Area East, to support full cycle recruiting, onboarding, reporting and payroll interaction. This is a high volume, process oriented job with a need for finely honed organizational skills and attention to detail.
This position will be based at the Associations Home Office in downtown Chicago.
The standard hours will be 8:00am-4:30pm (Central Time).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Represent the Alzheimers Association enthusiastically and professionally to internal and external stakeholders.
* Assist with external job postings, interview set up and status updates to candidates, as they move through the recruitment process.
* Initiate offer, promotion and status change letters, perform quality pre-hire reference checks, work with HRMs and IT to ensure new hire equipment is ready and delivered on time.
* Ensure a variety of data is accurately entered in a timely manner, including new hire information, recruiting expenses, status change forms, etc.
* Work with HRMs to help ensure the E-I9 forms are completed in a timely and correct manner.
* Seek input for and update a variety of reports for HR & field leadership
* Ownership of various steps of the orientation and onboarding process
* May be asked to assist with interviewing for entry level and temp positions.
* Arrange for agency temp help for field in accordance with the Associations approved process.
* Assist with filing and other administrative tasks.
* Other duties, as assigned.
* Associates degree in; Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related discipline preferred
* 1- 2 years experience in recruiting support or other HR discipline
* Basic knowledge of employment law or the ability and interest to pick it up rapidly
* Refined verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail, ability to correctly spell and pronounce names of diverse candidates and employees.
* Typing speed of 50 words per minute
* Ability to interact in a warm, empathetic, tactful and positive manner, with the broad HR team and all levels of hiring managers and candidates. Excellent customer service and timely follow through.
* Super organized personality, with the ability to learn quickly and exercise initiative
* Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
* Proficiency in MS Word and Excel; familiarity with Google applications desired
* Ability to embrace new technology and change
* Experience working with multi-location/supporting remote managers a plus
* Familiarity with HRIS, including ADP Payroll and Applicant Tracking Systems Version 8 or higher a plus
* Commitment to confidentiality
* Ability to work overtime during peak seasons, as needed
* Ability to bend and lift up to 10 lbs.