ROLE AND PURPOSE:
To coordinate the support for all leave of absences and retirement cases for employees of Arlington ISD. Effectively coordinate all cases/claims to include general administration, comprehensive case management, and program compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all related employment laws. Performs exemplary customer service and assistance to employees, managers, and senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, human resources, or related field
- 3 years’ Experience in human resources
- 3 years’ Experience managing leave cases preferred
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bilingual preferred
- Considerable knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Google Docs
- Ability to analyze information and covert related activities into the comprehensive work plan
- Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to multi-task and drive multiple projects
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to deal with confidential information
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving, time management, and priority setting skills
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the leave programs in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership.
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.)
- Administers all aspects of leave programs, provides extensive case management and coordinates administrative aspects of the cases and claims
- Independently approves/denies leave cases based on relevant medical information, coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed
- Manages all administrative aspects of leave to include tracking hours, used/taken and working closely with Employee Relations, HR Customer Service, Payroll, Risk Management, and Legal to ensure that employee’s cases are handled correctly.
- Works closely with employees to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Maintains appropriate contact with all associates and their managers on leave and coordinates all aspects of the return to work for associates on leave.
- Works closely with associates to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Maintains appropriate contact with all associates on leave and coordinates all aspects of the return to work for associates on leave.
- Produces and manages reporting metrics and analytics for all leave and retirement cases
- Educates employees regarding Teacher Retirement System policies and procedures
- Conducts individual employee meetings to discuss the benefits and options under the Teacher Retirement System (TRS)
- Assist employees with an application for retirement
- Performs all other duties as assigned