ARLINGTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOLDISTRICT
HR Temp –Compensation, Benefits, and Culture
HR Manager – Compensation, Benefits, and Culture
PAY GRADE: Part TimeTemp
ROLE AND PURPOSE:
Under general guidance, responsible for the day to day administration of benefits, wellness, and compensation policies, programs, and communications. Also responsible for specified project deliverables. Ensures equity in jobs, salary grades, and supplemental payments through a comprehensive analysis of market indicators and business needs in accordance with District established policies.
- Previous experience in benefits and compensation administration
- Software proficiencies including Microsoft Word, Excel,PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Google Docs
- Ability to analyze information and covert related activities into the comprehensive work plan
- Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to multi-task and drive multiple projects
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to deal with confidential information
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving, time management, and priority setting skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept at tailoring both written and verbal communication based on audience
- Strong interpersonal skills, credibility, discretion, ethics, and integrity required
- Strong customer and team focus
MAJOR DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all administrative aspects of leave to include tracking hours, used/taken, and working closely with other departments to ensure compliance and adherence to federal and district guidelines.
- Coordinates and organizes all medical information for leave cases
- Produces and manages reporting metrics and analytics for all leave and retirement cases
- Educating employees and managers on leave and retirements such as employment after retiring and benefit elections
- Conduct exit interviews with employees that are retiring from the district and assist with completion of exit packet from TRS
- Maintain and update leave/retirement files and maintenance of electronic tracking system for leaves.
- Verify employee leave eligibility
- Assist with educational activities to increase compliance amongst frontline staff
- Perform other duties asassigned
- Complete job evaluations/re-evaluations, market, and FLSA analysis, maintaining data according to established guidelines.
- Ensure internal equity and external competitiveness by proactively monitoring compensation practices, legal requirements, economic indicators, and industry practices.
- Create and manage job descriptions for assigned areas.