We are currently looking for a highly motivated, determined, well spoken and experienced Catering Sales Manager who understands the meaning of “hunting” to proudly sell our property.
As a Catering Sales Manager, you’ll be primarily responsible for detailing groups and ensuring that revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by soliciting, developing and closing local corporate and social group business. In addition, responsibilities will include assisting in finalizing details for larger group events within the Catering Department and acting as the client liaison for the client group in the absence of the Director of Catering.
Based on the job duties for this role, it has been classified as an Overtime Eligible Manager (OEM) position. This means that you’ll be paid for all compensable time and will earn overtime pay for time worked above the established regular-time work week. While most hours will be spent working in the office, we understand that some hours will be spent outside of the office. We value a healthy balance between work life and your personal life. If you’re interested in joining a progressive and fast-growing company, this could be the job for you!
Key responsibilities of a Catering Sales Manager include:
• Developing and engaging in relationship-driven and long term business relationships
• Creating awareness of groups in all internal staff, communicating information with other hotel departments in a timely manner to facilitate efficient purchasing, scheduling and staffing
• Providing personal attention to clients while they are at the hotel to ensure total guest satisfaction
• Developing relationships with local vendors for table arrangements, limousines, photographers, etc.
• Conducting site inspections with potential clients
• Maintaining accuracy of Catering information in DELPHI
• Consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals
• Creating BEOS and resumes as necessary for other clients/groups
• Monitoring and enforcing specific deadline dates related to group rooms cut–off, BEO requirements and function guarantees
• Creating and distributing group resumes and communicating any changes to appropriate departments and people in a timely manner
• Professionally representing the hotel by participating in client and industry functions
• Continually monitoring actions of competitive hotels (product quality improvements, supply changes, pricing strategies, service offerings, etc.)
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Two years experience at a similar size and quality hotel
• Proactive sales approach; assertive and fast-paced, driven to succeed
• Track record of developing long term relationships
• Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
• Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of DELPHI and experience a plus!
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends
Skills / Ability to:
• Demonstrate effective negotiating skills
• Listen and read the customer; identify needs and respond accordingly
• Strategically driven to get results
• Translate customer wants and needs into success for the customer and Hard Rock
• Quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
• Use clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
Other Requirements and Characteristics:
• The work requires light physical exertion with long periods of sitting, occasional standing and walking; limited bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; occasional lifting/moving of items up to 25 pounds.
• The ideal Catering Sales Manager candidate will have experience as a Catering Sales Manager with a proven track record of success. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.