- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Milwaukie High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open until filled
POSITION SUMMARY :
The coach for each sport is appointed by the Board of Directors upon recommendation of the Superintendent. Coaches have the responsibility to carry out the program in the best interest of the students and the school district as directed by their supervisor. Coaches will adhere to the policies of the Board of Directors, the district's Code of Ethics for Coaches, building standard practices and guidelines, the OSAA, and the affiliated league.
This assignment is seasonal for the 2019-2020 school year. Days and Hours for position will vary depending on practices and games.
This assignment is anticipated to start 8/19/2019, and end approximately 11/1/2019.JOB GROUP: B
1. Physical ability to demonstrate designated sport activity.
2. Valid Oregon Drivers License.
3. Physical ability to prepare sport site, including ability to carry and move necessary equipment.
4. Required certifications: Fundamentals of Coaching, Concussion, Heat, Steroid, Sportsmanship, First Aid/CPR.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To demonstrate competency in knowledge, techniques, fundamentals of the sport, including use of appropriate drills, injury prevention and care,
and teaching principles related to this position.
2.To attend all meetings scheduled by the principal, activities manager or league officials.
3. To maintain the safety and well-being of athletes in his/her charge and to follow established emergency procedures.
4. To assist with supervision of team members and to assume responsibility for their conduct at all team functions.
5. To establish positive relationship among the team as a whole.
6. To assist with the care of equipment and supplies before, during and after practices and games, and to assist in the maintenance of an accurate
7. To promote good sportsmanship, good citizenship, fair play, and ethical conduct.
8. To perform related and responsible tasks as assigned by the head coach (i.e. scouting).
9. To work cooperatively with other coaches, advisors, and staff members in the building and the District.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
North Clackamas School District policy provides veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law.