Open Until Filled
Fulfill your passion to lead and serve others by joining our nursing team and enjoy a rewarding career in state government. This position manages the nursing department at the Wyoming Life Resource Center in Lander.
The Wyoming Life Resource Center is transitioning to the Green House model of care, which is built upon the values of a meaningful life for our clients, empowered staff and a real home environment. Be a part of this exciting time in the development and enhancement of services provided to our clients!
Human Resource Contact: Jeannie Cox 307-335-6785 Jeannie.Cox@wyo.gov
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Manage day to day nursing care for clients at the Wyoming Life Resource Center (WLRC).
- Plan and implement health care services for WLRC clients and ensure all nursing care is in accordance with the Wyoming Board of Nursing standards, identified best practices, ICF/IID (Intermediate Care Facility) and SNF (Skilled Nursing Facility) rules and regulations.
- Assist with the development, implementation and revision of nursing protocols.
- Responsible for supervision of nursing staff, including scheduling, Kronos timekeeping, performance evaluations and disciplinary actions. Provide coaching, guidance, support and leadership.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Consult with Director of Nursing and Human Resources Department to enhance staff recruitment, retention and professional development.
- Direct nursing education to include competency-based training for nursing tasks needed to provide appropriate care for WLRC clients.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Lander, Wyoming
Agency: 048-Behavioral Health Division - Wyoming Life Resource Center