At HilltopSecurities, we believe in building noble and collaborative relationships that enrich the financial future of individuals, businesses and communities. With an extensive portfolio of products, we deliver a broad range of investment banking and related financial services that help our clients achieve their definition of success. As a subsidiary of HilltopHoldings, which also encompasses PlainsCapital Bank, PrimeLending and National Lloyds corporation, we have the financial strength and stability that has withstood the test of time. Our nationwide presence in 400 locations across 44 states provides our associates with extensive opportunities to grow their careers in a diverse organization that truly values relationship capital above all else.
Hilltop Securities Inc., a member of the FINRA and SIPC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hilltop Holdings. Hilltop Securities Independent Network (HTIN) is a brokerage firm, which provides a home for independent representatives. We offer and support a broad range of customer services, including self directed IRA accounts, research recommendations, and trust and money management services. The Registered Client Service Associate will work for several financial advisors. This position will assist in servicing a large client base that is continually growing.
- Communicate with clients on a daily basis regarding stock quotes, buy vs. sales scenarios, and other related matters.
- Maintain customer account information including updating files and records and handling written correspondence.
- Provide administrative support to assigned Registered Representative(s) including, calendar management, travel arrangements, client and prospect presentations.
- Work with HTS back office systems including CSS to enter trades and other account information.
- Address all client service problems and maintain Problem/Solution Log to keep Registered Representative(s) aware of service problems underway and to what level managed to client’s satisfaction.
- Act as gatekeeper for Registered Representative during prime market time.
- Assist with special projects and tasks as assigned.
- 1-3 years experience in the brokerage/financial services industry as a Registered Client Service Associate.
- Series 7 and 63/66 license required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Highly proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office applications required with knowledge of Portfolio Software and data entry.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline oriented environment.
- Knowledge of back office CSS a plus.
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills.
- Ability to provide complete and concise explanations of products to the extent that incumbent can explain and discuss them with clients.
- Basic understanding of branch level operations, policies and procedures (i.e. regulations and compliance requirements).
About the Company
Hilltop Securities (Hilltop) is a subsidiary of Hilltop Holdings, a publicly traded financial holding company based in Dallas, Texas. The merger of First Southwest and Southwest Securities created Hilltop Securities in 2016, and it is a diversified financial services provider focusing on public banking, municipal advisory, capital markets, structured finance, wealth management, in addition to clearing and securities lending. Currently, the firm employs approximately 815 employees in 50 locations across the country, in addition to its wholly-owned subsidiary, HilltopSecurities Independent Network, an extension of the firm’s Wealth Management division which serves as a broker-dealer for more than 203 independent registered representatives across the nation.