Clean Harbors is seeking a Hub Maintenance Manager. The Hub Maintenance manager is reporting directly to the VP of Fleet Operations. This role is responsible for managing overall cost, quality and time at all facilities within maintenance hub and spoke sites that are assigned across Indiana, Illinois & Wisconsin. The Hub Maintenance Manager is also responsible for maximizing the company's return on investment for all fleet assets (equipment and vehicles) by planning, managing and directing all activities associated with maintenance in their Hub. The Hub Maintenance Manager works closely with Area Managers to support business needs and to implement company-wide maintenance strategy.
• Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Manage all aspects of the maintenance hub and spoke sites in accordance with the region's business plan and budget.
• Implement corporate and regional policies, procedures and standards to ensure standardization, and brand image.
• Ensure the proper maintenance and repair of equipment at all Hub and spoke maintenance sites by managing day to date activities.
• Evaluate vehicles and equipment with respect to replacement due to age, history of repair and overall maintenance costs.
• Remain current and ensure adherence to all laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting area of responsibility. (DOT, OSHA, RCRA, etc).
• Prepare reports, analyzes data and makes recommendations for maintenance facility operations improvements.
• Initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
• Ensure that all personnel are adequately trained, equipped and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
• Direct, maintain and enforce the safety program for the maintenance department; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians
• Execute projects assigned in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
• Communicate regularly with all maintenance supervisors, planners and parts personnel to ensure good two-way communication.
• Ensure that all tools, equipment, and machinery are maintained in accordance with the Company's preventative maintenance program and the physical facility properly maintained.
• Recruit, train and develop employees.
• Communicate job expectations and fosters a collaborative climate.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
• 2+ years of operations background in logistics, maintenance, transportation or related field
• Ability to supervise a large group of employees across multiple facilities
• Fleet Maintenance experience a preferred
• Must be able to travel up to 50%
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Knowledge of fleet maintenance systems and processes a plus
• Ability to create actionable items out of data and information
• Strategic planning, coupled with tactical execution
• Ability to use computer and applicable company software including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
• Able to apply standards and processes that maintain regulatory compliance
• Strong leadership and personnel development skills
• Financial understanding, with the ability to set strategy against financial goals
• Understanding of metrics that drive performance
• Ability to work across business lines in a matrix organization
• Strong written and verbal communication skills along with negotiation skills
• Demonstrated change management planning and execution
• Ability to develop subordinates
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.