Hudson Yards is the largest private real estate development in the history of the United States. The site will include more than 20 million square feet of commercial and residential space; more than 100 shops; a collection of restaurants; approximately 4,000 residences; The Shed, a new center for artistic invention; 14 acres of public open space; a 750-seat public school; and an Equinox® branded luxury hotel—all offering unparalleled amenities for residents, employees and guests. Once completed, half of the campus will be parks and plazas. That includes five acres of gardens and greenery, filled with more than 28,000 plants, 200 trees—many native to New York—and one attention drawing landmark designed by Thomas Heatherwick.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Ensure all front of house staff on the Plaza are providing exceptional customer service to all HY Open Space & Gardens guests while achieving team and brand goals.
• Lead and coordinate efforts with all General Managers to ensure they are fully aware of all activities and events happening on campus.
• Lead discussion with third party cleaning services to ensure all cleaning needs are covered.
• Work closely with security on staffing and deployment needs on the Plaza as well as traffic control around Plaza.
• Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of staff and contractors responsible for maintenance, repairs, and improvements for the Plaza. Administer service contracts and evaluate the work of maintenance contractors; ensure all maintenance, repairs, and improvements are documented.
• Maintain complete knowledge of Plaza systems, contracts, operations, and coordinate with each function to achieve goals.
• Audit property daily, noting positives and deficiencies. Follow-up with appropriate function to assess repairs/maintenance and/or training requirements.
• Establish schedules and methods for providing maintenance services, identify resource needs and allocate resources accordingly
• Manage and oversee a variety of projects and programs as assigned, which may include administration of a capital improvement program
• Develop and manage annual budget and focus on achieving financial & budget targets. Coordinate budgets inputs for POA inclusion.
• Maintain favorable working relationship with all other HY entities and local community to foster and promote a cooperative working climate.
• Participate in policy development, communication and implementation.
• Work closely with internal marketing/events team to execute events/programming/marketing activities and assist with developing events strategy
• Collaborate closely with external (Shed) marketing and events teams to ensure events run smoothly and minimize impact/damage to plaza.
Key Role Skill Set:
• Strong Leadership and Team building skills
• Excellent project management skills and ability to organize and prioritize workloads.
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Flexibility to work 24/7 and some weekends
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team
Education and Professional Qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
• 5+ years of real estate, stadium, park or public space management experience, preference for experience in NYC
Related Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
#APCS3 #GLCS3 #LICS3 #CB #CB2