Are you are ready to take the next step and become a member of a diverse and dynamic team? Are you ready to join a difference making team that is part of Alion’s continued growth and success? Alion Science and Technology is a company in transformation, driving double-digit growth and taking share in the industry. We are seeking a talented, energetic and bright individual to join our team. Your work will support objectives to provide outstanding service and respond with efficiency and accuracy to stakeholders or team members. To achieve these objectives, candidates will bring high energy, knowledge and innovation and work with a dynamic integrated team of professionals.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in related field plus 8 years’ experience related Human Resources experience. Additional educational or work experience may be considered.
- Prior experience working for a government contractor supporting corporate business partners required. SHRM or HRCI Certification preferred.
- Experience partnering with leadership and implementing strategic Human Capital initiatives required.
- Experience in Human Capital/Human Resources Compliance and Affirmative Action plans required.
- Experience in employee development, creating performance improvement plans, and coaching required.
- Familiarity with full life cycle recruiting and talent acquisition practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of benefits programs, performance management, job classification, and salary administration required.
- Experience in PeopleSoft HRIS preferred.
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate effective change management.
- Ability to travel in the DC Metro area as needed.
- Must be proficient in using MS Office software.
- Provides Human Capital consultation to corporate business partners.
- Provides technical direction, assistance, advice and guidance to the staff in the area of Human Capital.
- Manages the implementation and administration of corporate HR policies to effectively meet goals.
- Administers corporate compensation policies and practices to attract and retain a highly qualified workforce necessary to accomplishing the organizations goals, with guidance from the Compensation Team.
- Manages and provides for the resolution of employee relations issues, ensures EEO/AA/OFCCP compliance, and the provision of all HR services ensuring corporate policy, goals and objectives are satisfied.
- Responsible for Human Capital compliance.
- Coordinates filing of Affirmative Action Plans and services as company’s point of contact.
- Assists with employee development.
- Drafts and delivers communications and presentations.
- Develops HR reports and metrics for business unit.
- Stays abreast of legislative action and new trends that may affect Human Capital policies and programs.
- Responsible for employee and electronic files.
- Partners with talent acquisition and management in efforts for new contract awards and staffing initiatives.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.