The Human Resources Principal will partner with our Service Operations Leadership to deliver HR solutions through the design and implementation of people strategies that support key initiatives to achieve business results and enable sustainable growth.
This role will support our Service organizations enabling functions which include strategy planning, workforce planning, operational effectiveness and global real estate teams. These are functions support our service operations group, in addition to playing lead in enterprise initiatives across Government, International, and Health Services service teams.
This role will partner with key stakeholders in the business and human resources, to drive program recommendations, development, prioritization and deployment in talent management, employee development, compensation, performance management, organizational transformation, change management and workforce effectiveness for their assigned client group. This partnership will represent the Voice of the Business within HR as well as the Voice of HR for the Business.
In addition to their HRBP responsibilities, this role will have 1 – 2 direct reports and oversee the execution of our Service Operations People Strategy in addition to our HR cyclical programs across the SO HR team.
This role will ideally be located in Bloomfield, CT, but open to location for right talent. Up to 20% travel will be required.
Client Alignment: Supports 4 band 6 executives. Total Headcount: 1689
- Strategy Planning – focus on leading the various strategic planning efforts across service operations inclusive of areas such as automation, robotics, AI, and global sourcing partnership, Headcount: 60
- Workforce Planning – enterprise function focused on our short and long term workforce planning needs to ensure we have the right resources to meet our customers and provider’s needs. Headcount: 125
- Global Real Estate~ enterprise function leading our real estate portfolio and facilities management. High degree of change management and influence with rationalization efforts underway Headcount 92
- Operational Effectiveness~ focus on leading our business intelligence, quality, training/knowledge management system, project management, and change management and process improvements teams. Headcount 1412
Core duties of the role will include:
- Lead development and implementation of human capital requirements to successfully execute client business strategies including but not limited to an aggressive talent strategy that drives business growth, leadership development, succession planning, employee development and engagement, and diversity broadly.
- Leads significant organization design and change management efforts to enable business growth and organizational evolution.
- Provide strategic HR consulting and problem-solving solutions on the most complex issues to senior leaders.
- Support the leadership team through deployment of robust change management strategies and communication plans as the organizations grow and evolve.
- Apply deep business acumen and the executional know-how of building and growing businesses.
- Deliver solutions on how to improve processes, team dynamics, etc. to optimize organizational effectiveness.
- Champion the enterprise people and other talent strategies through strong strategic partnership with the HR Centers of Expertise.
- Grow, lead and motivate a team of HRBPs (over time) focused on identifying, developing and delivering measurable HR strategies and programs aligned to business goals.
- Strengthen the senior leadership team of each function by providing coaching and counsel to executives to further develop their leadership capability and capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred from a progressive Human Resources and/or business program.
- 10+ years of overall HR experience in roles of progressively increasing in scope and responsibility. Experience spanning both corporate and HRBP functions preferred.
- Experience leading and strengthening teams of HR Business Partners while partnering closely with senior executives and leadership teams all focused on designing and enabling organizations to successfully deliver against strategic goals and objectives.
- A driver a change with strong organizational development and effectiveness experience.
- High degree of executive influence, courage and relationship building skills essential.
- Able to thrive and navigate within a fast-pace and at times ambiguous environment.
- Significant and demonstrated ability to strategically align progressive talent strategies to business goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly complex / matrixed business and HR model.
- Large capacity for managing multiple, complex initiatives; exceptional work ethic. Proven track record of driving large scale, transformative change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical Capabilities: Ability to draw accurate conclusions from data and determine appropriate interventions to address business challenges
- Business Acumen: Experience in developing a strong and deep understanding of the business groups' main goals and challenges as well as the broader business strategy and key financial levers impacting enterprise earnings results.
- Leadership/Coaching: Strong proven leadership skills and experience in positioning executives to make thoughtful decisions about their organization's mission and goals, and properly allocate people resources to achieve those directives
- 20% Travel Required
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.