The HR Coordinator will provide administrative support the recruitment function. Primary responsibilities will include auditing of new hire files and misc. files in electronic record system. The HR Coordinator will be the primary contact for application status updates and assist candidates with application troubleshooting. Supports recruitment efforts by conducting background checks, assisting with preliminary candidate screening, and interview scheduling.
* Audits monthly new hire files for accuracy and send reports on incomplete or missing new hire files.
* Audits misc files that are scanned by front desk
* Participates in HR-sponsored employee events and other HR functions, as needed
* I-9 file maintenance (including filing new hires, pulling termed employees, and periodic audits)
* Acts as primary contact for all temporary staffing invoices
* Acts as primary point of contact for internal and external candidates needing assistance with Mercy's application process to include assistance with online application and troubleshooting
* Conducts background checks as part of pre-employment process
* Assists with preliminary candidate screening
* Assists with scheduling interviews
* Assist with preliminary candidate screenings and interview scheduling
* Adheres to all federal and state laws regarding employment and labor law.
* Adheres to all Joint Commission requirements and standards.
* Completes other duties as assigned.
* Must possess High School Diploma or GED
* Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Proficiency in MS-Excel and MS-Word preferred.
* Must be able to multi-task and work in a high volume setting.
* Must be computer literate or learn within 6 months.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must be able to work independently and possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to effectively communicate and deal tactfully with other personnel, visitors, patients, physicians, customers, and the general public.
* Must be flexible, have personal integrity, and the ability to function effectively as a team with other employees.
* Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled