Get in the Game!
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp (SRC) has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry and The Great Game of Business, known as “Open Book Management”, since the early 1980s when SRC employee-owners initiated a buyout of International Harvester's remanufacturing facilities in Springfield, MO.
Our employee-owners have driven the growth and success of the company by producing quality, warranty-backed remanufactured products.
"When employees think, act and feel like owners . . . everybody wins."
Our employee-owned companies offer unique and challenging opportunities for a rewarding and productive career. We enjoy a fast-paced manufacturing environment while striking a balance between work and play. Improving quality of life is not just an expression at SRC. Building wealth for our employee-owners, encouraging community involvement and supporting local charities are just a few of the ways we make our mark.
Successful candidates will love the dynamic, challenging, competitive, and accountability-driven environment that this opportunity provides. Are you ready to get in the game? If so, use this link to view the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RfXD1sPm0&feature=player_detailpage then, submit your best application and resume online at: http://srcholdings.com/careers/ . You may also fill out an application in person at our office at 650 North Broadview Place, Springfield, MO 65802 between the hours of 7:30a to 4:00p.
The Human Resource Director energizes the workforce through the development of strategic selection, training, and retention practices that align themselves with business initiatives. The Human Resources Director engages employees at all levels while maximizing the principles of the Great Game of Business and emphasizing financial literacy and forward forecasting throughout the company. Springfield ReManufacturing Corp. (SRC) is a premier re-manufacturer of diesel engines and components with a workforce average 350 associates. SRC, located in Springfield, MO, is a renowned employer of choice and has been in business for 37 years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit and retain top talent through creative and sustainable selection and retention strategies including succession planning, structured interview guides, networking, and satisfaction survey administration and analysis
- Advise senior leadership team on strategic HR issues as a factor in decision making
- Oversee HR issues involving legal and financial risk and provide solutions to the organization
- Serve as a role model of ethical behavior and set organizational standards for confidentiality
- Conduct job and SWOT analyses and develop training plans in order to address weaknesses and threats of the organization
- Promote and sustain Employee Ownership culture
- Manages departmental budget and lead the development of goals and strategies for the department by collecting and analyzing financial and non-financial data
- Review, change, create, implement, and enforce changes to policy in order to keep with current legal trends and needs of the Company
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits
- Oversee benefits administration, regular staffing issues, and employee records management
- Coordinate with HR leadership across all SRC to establish best practices, share resources, and identify talent
- Directors are expected to exhibit excellent leadership qualities. Beyond individual excellence, demonstrated ability in four areas is required:
- Change Leader: Lead the way in finding opportunities for the organization to improve in all aspects. Cultivate ideas, support implementation.
- Relationship Builder: Ensure your staff is tightly bonded within itself, with all departments, and with their counterparts at suppliers, customers, and other divisions.
- Master Strategist: Assessing Strengths, Weaknesses, Threats, and Opportunities both internally and externally then developing and assisting others to develop plans that allow departmental and organizational objectives to be met.
- Talent Developer: Continually make your department, and organization, stronger: Set succession plans for each key position. Identify and develop team members to support the succession plan. Provide training opportunities for team members to insure they are competent and will excel in their job functions. Work with team members to set career paths for them that match their desires and abilities.
Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued support to the Safety initiative of the company and know safety basics and protocol accordingly. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 75%, Standing/walking 25%. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
REQUIRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ten plus years of human resources experience
- Possess strong leadership and managerial skills
- Strong employment law knowledge
- Must be able to make judgments and decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent knowledge of benefit programs including Insurance Plans, 401k, and ESOP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required for success
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Department: Human Resources
This is a management position
This is a full time position