CPR HeartPlace has an excellent employment opportunity for an experienced Human Resource Generalist - Benefits at our Corporate Offices located in Far North Dallas, TX. Experience working in benefits administration would be a requirement. Benefits certification would be a plus. This is a part time position (24 hours a week).
In accordance with established policies and procedures, and in accordance with applicable Federal and State regulatory requirements, serves in a generalist Human Resource role including Employee Relations, administrative duties, back-up recruiter when needed, but emphasis in this position will be in benefits and compliance administration. This role administers employee benefit plans including Medical, Dental, Vision, Medical and Dependent Care Flex Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability, COBRA and retirement plans. Responds to and administrates Leaves of Absence, OSHA, Disability Claims, and Worker’s Compensation claims.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participates in New Hire Orientation, training new employees and Physicians on benefits and related policies and procedures.
2. Manages benefit related data entry into payroll and benefits systems.
3. Trains employees on Company benefits and coordinates employee benefit enrollment.
4. Work with third party insurance administrators to maintaining accurate information on employees; invoicing, plan changes and updates, and federal filing requirements. Notify administrators of changes from participant requests and terminations for COBRA and HIPAA mailings.
5. Provides COBRA and termination of benefit information to departing staff.
6. Reconciles invoicing for benefit programs.
7. Help ensure ACA processes are followed.
8. Works with 401k administrator to maintaining accurate information on employee elections, invoicing and federal filing requirements.
9. Ensures that all Company locations are in compliance with Federal, State and Company required postings.
10. Responds to requests for FMLA and Leaves of Absence. Assist with the process in tandem with our TPA. Generates any applicable forms in a timely manner. Applies PTO as needed. Follows up with employees using proper protocol. Tracks leaves and informs employees of their obligations. Collects and appropriately applies benefit premium payments.
11. Assists with employment verifications, EEOC reporting, benefit meetings, etc., and as needed with reports, schedules, and special projects.
12. Oversees the OSHA program for the organization.
13. Oversees Worker’s Compensation claims.
14. Accurately and timely responds to employee questions and issues regarding benefits related issues. Works along with employee and vendor(s) to research and resolve claims issues.
15. At direction of the company, ensures company wellness programs and events run smoothly, by providing on-going communication and resources to educate employees and keep the project alive.
16. Works closely with finance and gathers data for and monitor filing deadlines for 5500 for all benefits.
17. Assists finance with audits of benefit plans.
18. Participates in annual enrollment functions and meetings. Administers annual enrollment function.
19. May fill in at Reception desk during breaks and PTO as needed.
20. Maintains benefit and personnel files for each employee.
21. Participates in education and training sessions, including benefit decision meetings.
22. Ensures compliance with all benefits related laws and regulations.
23. Handles low level employee relations issues in tandem with the Director.
24. Fills in for the Recruiter as needed.
25. Assist with company events and activities.
26. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. High School Diploma or Texas TEA approved GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or closely related field strongly preferred.
2. Minimum two years’ experience in Benefit Administration required.
3. Minimum two years’ experience in General Human Resources to include employee relations experience.
4. Benefit certification a plus.
5. Must be able to work at the office 4 days per week, 6 hours per day. Days needed are generally flexible, however there may be days that are required due to work schedule. Occasionally more than 24 hours may be needed due to workload – i.e. during annual enrollment. Increase in hours may occur as the position develops.
6. Excellent knowledge of benefit plans, ACA, FMLA and Worker’s Compensation (health and 401k) and federal reporting requirements. Experience with OSHA a plus.
7. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse candidate and employee population, personality traits and at a variety of educational levels.
8. Analytical ability; basic knowledge of computer applications and human relation skills are essential.
9. Ability to work as a team to ensure success.
10. Must have excellent organizational skills.
11. Must have excellent customer service skills.
12. Professional aptitude, appearance and demeanor.
13. Ability to prepare and deliver meaningful reports and presentations.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.