Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe our employees are our greatest asset. We’re always on the lookout for leaders who will provide guidance and education, as well as ensure organizational policies and procedures are understood and followed. As the District Human Resources Generalist, you will communicate organizational goals and the appropriate action plans for implementation. We’ll count on your skills and experience to be a champion of our company values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide employee relations guidance to employees and offer advice to management within scope of position; identify and actively respond with sensitivity to the needs of employees and business unit leaders
- Oversee the day-to-day support of Human Resources (HR) transactions management in collaboration with People Services team
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations; assess and understand recent and changing employment-related laws and guidelines and communicate that information to employees
- Communicate, interpret and administer updated HR policies and procedures to assigned area
- Deliver benefits information to employees based on company handbook/policies and procedures
- Ensure fair, equitable and consistent application of all company policies and procedures
- Assist with investigating a variety of employee-related issues, incidents and complaints; resolve disputes and recommend appropriate/remedial actions
- Assist in the development and implementation of programs or information regarding HR policies, procedures or information
- Support HR Recruiting team and hiring managers by developing requisitions, scheduling interviews, presenting offers, facilitating candidate logistics, scheduling onboarding and administering the training/orientation process
- Support a values-driven environment through consultation and service regarding employee engagement activities
- Maintain ongoing compliance with all HR regulations and communicate any changes to the management team
- Serve as the subject matter expert and provide guidance to employees and leadership as required
- Perform other duties and complete special projects as assigned by the Human Resources Manager
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
- 1 year of HR Generalist experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with basic business and customer service principles, including planning and organizing, resource management and leadership skills
- Experience with FMLA, LOA and other state and federal employment laws
- Background in and experience supporting employee relations and strategic HR initiatives
- Experience handling sensitive, complex and confidential information
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of and experience with payroll software (Kronos), HRIS programs (Success Factors/SAP) and Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A valid driver’s license
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekend work
- Availability to travel 25% - 50% of the time, including occasional travel outside the area and some overnight stays
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- PHR/SHRM certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort level working independently with moderate guidance
- Demonstrated experience building strong partnerships with leadership
- Detail-oriented work style with a focus on producing accurate work
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.