Job Purpose: The primary purpose and function of the Human Resources Manager is to serve as a strategic HR partner for the facility, be an employee advocate and lead the Human Resources function for the business. This will be delivered through the contribution of their expert people knowledge, the development and implementation of business strategy, directing the successful management of change initiatives, and creating a culture aligned with Escalades values.
Tactically, this includes managing employee relations, organizational development & change, talent acquisition and demand planning, talent management (including performance management, succession planning, development planning, etc.), and learning & development execution. From an administrative standpoint the HR Manager is also responsible for local payroll and partnership with Escalade Corporate on benefits and HRIS.
- Direct the HR function for the facility.
- Communicate and role model the importance of employee engagement in a way that influences our line managers and employees to incorporate the mindset into daily business decisions and conversations.
- Educate, advise and challenge management on the importance of our culture.
- Responsible for management of payroll.
- Guide, train and direct business partners on the execution of HR policies and processes to ensure appropriate legal and corporate compliance.
- Apply the basic theories of behavioral sciences as well as change management, teambuilding, effective communication, feedback, coaching, mentoring, leadership development and facilitation.
- Lead and support the execution of annual HR processes such as talent and compensation reviews, performance management, succession planning, engagement survey, etc.
- Ensure leaders understand and are fully engaged with talent identification and succession activities, processes and systems.
- Apply employment law for standard cases appropriately and determine when to seek legal advice.
- Provide direct coaching and consultation to the field organization to build and develop greater organizational capability.
- Analyze, benchmark and react, where applicable, to financial, operational and HR metrics to drive results.
- Advise managers how to build quality development plans according to associate needs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- 7+ years of HR experience
- SPHR or PHR certification preferred
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Position requires sitting, talking and listening at least 2/3 of the time
- Occasional lifting up to 10 pounds
- Office environment 70% plant environment 30%
- Travel between facilities
Human Resources Manager