The position is responsible for supervising the leave of absence and benefits processes. Leads the worker’s compensation activities including injury reporting, claims review, and ergonomic evaluations.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures all leave of absence and benefits administrative functions are efficiently and accurately executed.
- Meets regularly with Human Resources and Credit Union team members to understand and deliver necessary services. Maintains high internal service ratings.
- Develops and implements new processes and procedures to ensure the effective utilization of department resources. Implements and maintains appropriate record keeping systems and manages departmental audit measures for Human Resources, leave of absences and Benefit systems and data.
- Utilizes technology to streamline administration of leave of absence and benefit programs and processes including workers compensation, leave and benefits third party administrators, on-line benefits enrollment, 401(k) administration, and interfaces with other Human Resources applications.
- Uses Human Resources information systems to provide regular reports to Human Resources leadership and management team members. Ensures all employee databases are updated regularly.
- Participates in the annual marketing of employee health and welfare programs and the revision and development of new benefits. Supervises the annual enrollment activities.
- Supervises worker’s compensation injury reporting and claims review and participates in ergonomic evaluations and training. Manages premium payments and participates in the renewal or change of coverage.
- Markets employee benefits at department meetings and new hire orientation.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Five to seven years of Human Resources experience required including Human Resources systems and employee leave of absence and benefits.
Some experience with worker’s compensation claims helpful.
Thorough working knowledge of human resource practices and experience applying Federal and State Labor laws is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Professional certification as a CP/PHR or SCP/SPHR helpful.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strong communication skills including written, oral, and presentation skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and HRIS Systems. Experience with payroll, time and attendance, and performance management systems helpful.
- Gym Memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Events
- Professional Development