Job ID: 146007
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
The Human Resources Administrator is responsible for HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR /Talent Management team in participating in multiple Human Resources functions including reporting, data entry and maintenance, benefit administration, leave management, policy implementation, communication and employment law compliance.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Work as generalist supporting HR Manager with responsibilities including:
- Providing day-to-day benefits administration services, including claims resolution, open enrollment, general inquiries, communications, reporting, and other administration duties.
- On-boarding including overview of new hire screenings, new hire paperwork, and all orientation activities.
- Compliance Reporting.
- Responding to employee inquiries.
- Maintaining corporate employee files.
- Providing data entry and maintenance for corporate employee benefits, employment data, training data, and employee personal data.
- Performance management system reporting to assist in the review of completion and compliance rates.
- Assisting with gathering of HR/talent management metrics; preparing and analyzing data in a manner that tells a story to the business.
- Assisting with company-wide activities including benefits and wellness, learning & development, environmental health and safety, and compliance.
- Participating in the development and implementation of procedures and policies, including guidance and interpretation
- Provide ad hoc support of AMAT Corporate projects, including but not limited to
- Managing ad hoc data requests to the field.
- Assisting in the consolidation, review and analysis of data in support of ongoing projects.
- Assisting with maintenance of electronic databases and spreadsheets.
- Assisting with project management, timeline and status tracking.
- Manage payment of department bills and divisional chargebacks and work with AP department to ensure timely payment.
- Maintain internal website for talent management and human resources groups; ensure all data and information is current and that page is visually appealing, easy to use and valuable to field HR representatives.
- Assist talent management team with administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to, data entry, scanning, filing, tracking information, team correspondence/communication and preparation of presentations.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or comparable discipline preferred or other related discipline and/or equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Two or more years of related experience in an office setting, performing administrative tasks.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with Access preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required (less than 10% of the time).
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with Executive Management team.
- Strong problem-solving skills preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- High standard of ethics, integrity, and trust.
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times in dealing with highly critical and confidential and sensitive information; restricts discussion/knowledge of activity to a “need to know” basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
Usually, normal office working conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.