The HR Administrator provides administrative and project support to the Human Resources Department.
Reports to: Senior HR Specialist
Location: 305 Seventh Avenue, New York, New York 10001
Hours: 35 Hours/Week; Non-Exempt
• Provide reception coverage and administrative support to the Human Resources Department, which includes: greeting visitors, answering phones, directing inquiries, resolving routine issues, and responding to general requests for information and materials
• Perform clerical tasks, including: creation and maintenance of filing systems, faxing, photocopying, data-entry, distribution of departmental mail, and preparing mailings
• Responsible for scheduling candidates for pre-employment clearances, and following up on clearance databases to ensure candidates are fully cleared prior to the start of employment
• Assist in scheduling annual TB/Medical clearances, when needed
• Assist with agency audits by preparing personnel files and verifying data
• Assist with preparing monthly clearance reports as needed
• Respond to employment verification requests
• Process payments for departmental expenses
• Place supply orders
• Maintain HR calendar and utilize conference room calendar to schedule meetings
• Create new hire orientation packages and files for staff, contractors and volunteers
• Act as liaison to Facilities, Purchasing and IT departments related to equipment and repairs
• Provide project support to HR staff
• Assist in the coordination of HR-sponsored events including Staff Recognition Day
• Assist with new hire orientation, new staff training, benefits education/enrollment meetings and other department meetings
• Perform other department or agency-related duties or special projects as directed
• High School Diploma required
• Prior Human Resources experience required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent spelling and grammar skills; familiarity with business protocols
• Attention to detail and outstanding organization skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Customer service sensibility
• Versatility to handle varied workload and competing demands
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each year – and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain’s New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!
General Requirements: All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision and values of Good Shepherd Services, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness to work within a culturally diverse environment.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.