Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters. All thrusters are developed in-house by a complete engineering department for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic design.Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters.Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for administrative tasks relating to processing of new hires, employee orientation, employee status changes, and a variety of special projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write, edit, type, and produce general correspondence, spreadsheets, and other documents.
- Clerical duties such as filing, printing, copying, scanning, and binding of HR material.
- Maintain all HR files in proper order.
- Assist with the planning and conducting new employee orientation.
- Administernew hire paperwork, back-ground and physical/drug screenings.
- Assist managers with recruitment processes.
- Process employee status changes and ensure accuracy throughout all stages.
- Assist HR Manager in administrating exit interviews and termination processes; ensure process is completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Copy and distribute memos, payroll checks, HR notices, etc., to personnel as needed.
- Respond to inquiries from employees, financial institutions, or other entities regarding employment verification, either verbal or in writing, per company policy and procedures.
- Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with company HSE standards and procedures.
- Perform any other tasks as may be directed by HR Manager.
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed or are able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, in order to safely perform the essential responsibilities of the job. Must be able to read, write, and speak English to SPL 7. Must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Must be able to reason, analyze, prioritize, conceptualize, make judgments, and solve problems. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Two (2) years experience working in Human Resources with focus on benefits administration, new hire process, and employee relations.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of HR related state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Bilingual (Spanish) helpful but not mandatory.
This position is a direct hire.
Thrustmaster of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, including medical, dental, vision coverage and a 401(K) retirement plan in an exciting work environment.
Please visit our website for addition information about this unique and innovative company. www.thrustmaster.net