PLEASE ONLY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCING MANAGING AND ADMINISTERING EMPLOYEE HEALTH AND WELFARE BENEFITS.
Are you skilled in successfully managing and administering employee health and welfare benefit programs? Are you results driven, customer focused and have the ability to administer multiple benefit programs in a fast-paced environment? If yes, please read on!
The HR Benefits Coordinator is responsible for administering Gulfstream Goodwill’s health and welfare programs including medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending, retirement, wellness and voluntary benefits. In this role, you will be accountable for the successful administration of all benefit programs for 1000+ employees, conduct benefits orientation, partner with vendors and carriers to resolve claims and more.
- Manage the administration of all employee benefit programs including those mentioned above; process all applicable benefits enrollment as well as timely termination of benefits and submit records to the Payroll Department
- Use critical thinking and past experience to identify areas to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the programs.
- Formulate and manage the organization’s wellness plan to accommodate various climates and geographic regions.
- Verify with precision, the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies as well as maintain statistical data relative to claims and costs in order to strategize appropriate wellness decisions; partner with the Finance Department to resolve any discrepancies.
- Communicate program benefits, policies and requirements to employees and ensure that programs are administered in compliance with regulatory, plan and policy requirements; conduct bi-weekly reports of new-hires and termination to aid in benefits processing.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of benefits and related issues to act as a liaison between staff and insurance carriers and to provide responses to employee inquiries as required.
- Develop relationships with insurance agents and/or carriers, benefit providers, claims processors and plan administrators.
- Conduct monthly benefits orientation and enrollment meetings at various locations. Coordinate annual enrollments, enter changes, and maintain related records. Communicate requirements to employees and distribute policies and coverage certificates as required.
- Establish and maintain records for individual employee benefits selections and coverage. Make adjustments to records as selections change. Work with employees, carriers and administrators to investigate and resolve employee concerns related to denied claims, coverage or other related issues.
- Manage and administer the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) process according the guidelines and standards of the Family and Medical Leave Act. Communicate leave entitlements appropriately with employee and managers.
- Administer the COBRA process for all eligible employees.
- Participate and assist in any range of administrative or clerical projects for Human Resources departmental activities and events.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field preferred; equivalent work experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) Certification preferred.
- At least 2 years of strong benefits administration experience required.
- Strong knowledge of FMLA, COBRA, ADA, HIPAA, ERISA, ACA and other legal compliance required.
- Must exhibit strong critical thinking skills, analytical skills and be detail oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, advance Excel skills required.
- Must be capable of handling confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license with acceptable driving record for insurability under company insurance and ability to travel to outlying locations.
- General office environment
- Frequent travel to outlying locations
- Frequent walking, standing, stretching, bending.
- Occasional lifting and moving up to 20 pounds.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and peripherals, word processing, spreadsheets and software programs, safety equipment, and a variety of standard office equipment.