The Benefits Specialist is responsible for the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, FMLA, and 401(k) plan.
- Manages and administrates all Self-Insured benefits programs, provides analytical reports to management.
- Proven ability to work in multiple systems and Excel workbooks
- Assists with new-hire orientations and open enrollments.
- Performs quality audits on all benefits-related data and programs.
- Assists employees regarding benefit portal, new enrollments, benefits issues, life changes status, and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and ensures employees are engaged in eligibility
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, administrative, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Manages and responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
- Manages and administrates Wellness program
- Provides necessary reports for allocation of benefits invoices and administration charges
- Other HR duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- High School or GED required. Degree in HR or related field preferred but not required
- Five years' experience in benefits administration
- PHR, SHRM, or related certifications a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Experience in administration of Self-Insured benefit plans
- Highly experienced customer service advocate
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office products, particularly Excel
- Experience in HRIS or HCM platforms