WHO ARE WE
LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP). The Human Resources Manager is a vital member of the Plant Leadership team and provides insight and leadership in driving the plant’s improved performance through employee involvement, employee development and lean manufacturing. The HR Manager is responsible for all Human Resource functions at the Plant level and serves as a consultant and coach to managers and supervisors regarding HR issues. The HR Manager supports LMIA’s Quality Policy, Mission Statement and other LMIA policies and procedures by supporting our commitment to total customer satisfaction, quality products and services, LEAN processes, continuous improvement, on-time delivery, safety, teaming, individual accountability, and respect for all people.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Based on input from the leadership team, determines and sets recruiting strategy, places ads, works with recruiters and investigates alternative staffing sources.
- Administers the selection system including screening applications, conducting tests, initial interviews, and checking references.
- Schedules follow-up interviews and tracks applications through the process.
- Assists hiring manager/supervisor in determining starting pay rate, making job offers, and scheduling physicals and start dates.
- Maintains selection records, including EEO and Affirmative Action data.
- Develops the annual Affirmative Action Plan and establishes goals for the plant.
ORIENTATION & TRAINING
- Designs, conducts, monitors and evaluates new hire orientation program. Ensures that all material and information is consistent with corporate policy.
- Conducts periodic follow-up with new employees for feedback on the orientation and training process and monitors the employees’ progress.
- Oversees the Training function and assists with developing and conducting training in job task skills, basic skills (math, writing, etc.), soft skills (communication, team building, etc.), and safety. Works with Training and HR personnel from other plants to share materials and ideas.
- Conducts training assessments and develops curriculum and schedules to meet requirements.
- Maintains plant training records, meeting quality and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates plant benefits administration with Corporate Benefits and Payroll personnel, including plan enrollments, communications, and problem solving.
- Maintains local benefits records, and assists corporate office with benefits planning.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT & COMPENSATION
- Ensures performance evaluations are completed on established schedule and consults with supervisors on employee performance and compensation decisions.
- Administers the processes through HRP system and Payroll, and maintains all employee file records.
- Serves as plant contact for all payroll related issues.
- Maintains plant job descriptions.
- Assists General Manager with developing / maintaining plant pay plans. Periodically reviews pay levels for equity and disparity issues.
- Develops, maintains, interprets, and communicates all plant HR policies to ensure consistency and alignment with Corporate Policy.
- Participates in employee disciplinary decisions, including prior approval of any serious action such as official suspension and/or termination. Consults with Director of HR on decisions which are potentially litigious or may have significant business consequences.
- Serves as plant EEO officer, being the designated contact person for employees with concerns about discrimination, harassment, and/or disparate treatment issues.
- Promotes open door policy to encourage employees to consult with HR Manager on any issue impacting job performance or the work environment without fear of retaliation.
- Works with Plant Manager, Safety Team, Corporate Safety Manager and other personnel to develop and enforce plant safety policies and procedures which are compliant with all federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations. Ensures plant policies support corporate policy.
- Administers Plant Workers’ Compensation issues, including injury reporting and treatment, employee return to work, and submission of appropriate reports to state agencies and LMI’s insurance company.
- Maintains OSHA required safety and injury records.
- Delivers and records all required safety training.
- Participates in multi-plant HR, Training, and Safety related teams and project groups.
- Submits required reports such as HR Scorecard, turnover, safety, etc. on a regular basis.
- Participates in various plant teams dealing with management issues, process improvement projects, employee issues, etc. May facilitate or lead teams, including the Safety Team and Volunteer and/or Fun teams.
- Models desired employee and managerial behaviors.
- Plans, organizes and executes various employee events such as annual picnic, holiday parties, company celebrations, etc. The specific role of the HR Manager may vary based on events planned by the Fun team or other company groups. The HRM will ensure that company policy is followed during event planning and in the course of the event itself.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
As assigned by General Manager or Director, Human Resources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or HR Management, and 5-7 years experience in Human Resources (with 3-5 years experience in Human Resources Management), or the equivalent in training, education and experience.
- PHR, SPHR, or GPHR Certification preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team based environment.
- Demonstrated superior communication skills, including written and oral skills, with strong listening and investigative abilities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions one-on-one from groups or individuals.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly ethical, have strong integrity, and use value based decision-making. Must be trusted and regarded with respect by LMI employees.
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations related to HR management.
- Must function effectively, with cooperative and friendly manner at all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Working knowledge of JobScope and AS400 systems preferred.
Yes, up to 10% of time traveling
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan — for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the Company are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time.
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for LMI‘s Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer