Human Resources (“HR”) Business Partner (“HRBP”) supports the Regional Human Resources Director (“RHRD”) with Human Resources planning and execution related to associate engagement, workforce planning, administration, HR policies and procedures, and serves as a liaison between HR core functions (HRIS, Benefits, Compensation, Training and Development, HR Operations) and field Service Line operations.
- Supports the development and implementation of action plans to increase associate engagement, satisfaction and retention. While additionally fostering associate collaboration and team work. In partnership RHRD and HRBP work to ensure a positive, engaging, and supportive workplace for all associates. Advocates to drive diversity awareness, Inclusion and Company Culture.
- Participates in presentations and focus groups/listening sessions as needed to share information, gather feedback, or provide training and education on policies.
- Responsible for conducting internal investigations and recommending appropriate action and resolution.
- Consults with appropriate resources for advice on complex associate relation issues.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Workers’ Compensation (WC),and collaborates with RHRD and/or legal advisors to support associates.
- Provides guidance and interpretation on the Associate Policy Manual and other Human Resources policies.
- Identifies professional development needs for regional organization and participates in the evaluation of training programs.
- Consistently demonstrates basic knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, to reduce legal risks and ensure compliance with state, federal and administrative employment laws.
- Routinely reviews associate data reports for assigned department or service line and reports findings and observations to RHRD for appropriate action.
- Responsible for managing the exit process for associates including the collection of company-owned equipment, change of status forms, final payment, exit interview and providing separation packet. Workforce Planning & Talent Development
Responsible for conducting off-cycle hiring processes and orientation (on an exception basis); occasionally presents Human Resources related content at New Associates Experience orientation.
Regional Organizational Effectiveness
- Partners with Regional Human Resources Director to understand and address trends related to turnover, compliance with training initiatives and adherence to associate employment “life cycle” events such as performance assessments, annual enrollment, wellness activities, etc.
- Contributes to the development of HR strategic goals.
- Partners with other HRBPs and RHRDs to consistently apply and administer HR practices, policies and procedures across the organization.
- Routinely conducts “culture checks” with associates and managers to identify opportunities to improve HR services and assist with service line operational strategies; ensuring inefficiencies or obstacles are minimized and eliminated.
- Assists HR VP and RHRDs to collect and analyze data needed to advocate for the organizational needs of a region.
- Collaborates with HR leadership and RHRDs to develop, present and inform region on key initiatives (new training, benefits, etc.).
- Supports organizational initiatives.
- Supports, reviews and audits associate status change transactions.
Analytics, Metrics & Reporting
- Collects and Analyzes exit interview survey data and produces summary reports and trending analysis, reviewing with appropriate management to implement change, when needed.
Supports the tuition reimbursement program, collects and analyzes data on utilization and cost, and responsible for overseeing all phases from approval through payment of reimbursement.
Other Duties: Conducts similar duties as he/she deems fit for the proper execution of his/her duties, and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Human Services or related field is required.
- Three or more years’ professional experience in human resource in a consultative business partner role.
- Progressive HR experience in a HR role with notable accomplishments in organizational development and change management, with a business mindset.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated track record of establishing relationships and earning credibility and respect with client groups.
Working knowledge of employment laws, regulations, best practices, and requirements related to human resources including EEO, ADA, Workers Compensation, Wage & Hour, and others.
- Working knowledge of the technical and functional components of human resources, including: talent acquisition, talent management, organizational design/development, succession planning, leadership development, compensation, compliance, planning, employee communications, training and development, employee relations, and data analytics.
- Ability to effectively partner with all levels of the organization and positively influence teams.
- Solid communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Working knowledge of the investigative processes and coaching management through associate relations, disciplinary actions or performance issues.
- Problem solving aptitude with a desire to have win-win outcomes.
- Knowledge of standard hiring practices, recruitment metrics, interview techniques, management systems and approaches.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HR applications.
- Ability to travel locally up to 50% of the time with own reliable transportation.
- Maintain driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety Standards, auto insurance and vehicle registration.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation, per ESSC and/or program requirements.
Preferred, but Not Required
- People management qualification such as SPHR, and PHR.