WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International understands that people require choices in where they want to begin to build a sustainable future. For more than 75 years, Michael Baker International has maintained an entrepreneurial work environment that fosters great careers, which ultimately has brought great success to the organization. Michael Baker offers many opportunities to help you grow professionally to build your career. Whether it is in Finance, IT, Human Resources, Technology, Communications, Proposal Production, Legal or our National Practice and Market segments, take your next step with us and help make a difference in the lives of those you work with and those we serve.
Michael Baker International is seeking an experienced Human Resources Business Partner to join our Hamilton, NJ office. As a member of our integrated HR team, the successful candidate will strive to align business objectives with employees and management in designated business units and will serve as a strategic consultant to management on all things human capital related.
- Assess and anticipate HR-related needs with and on behalf of the business and communicate those needs proactively to develop integrated strategies
- Formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture, and its competition
- Drive retention strategies for key talent throughout the region
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, and conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees to reduce legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance, and partner with the legal department as appropriate
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Advise management on employment terms for new hires, promotions, and transfers
- Provide guidance on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning
- Identify training needs for business units as well as individual executive coaching needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field; Master's Degree preferred
- 7 years of HR related experience, with a minimum of 3 years as an HR Business Partner
- Possess a solid understanding of a client-facing, HR Business Partner service model, as well as strong consultative, negotiation, analytical, influencing, and relationship-building skills
- Strong diagnostic, assessment, and action planning capacity, and a proven ability to operate effectively in ambiguity while managing diverse resources
- Adaptive, flexible, and open-minded management approach as a creative, outcome-focused problem solver
- Ability to act decisively, use sound judgment, and progress projects with pace and accuracy
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and an ability to operate at senior, executive, and C-levels within the HR and operational organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of US employment law
- Thorough understanding of all areas of HR - talent acquisition/management, training/development, organizational effectiveness/development, compensation strategy and design, strategic planning, metrics/analytics, project/program management
- Consummate team player
- Flexibility for occasional overnight travel
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.