At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products, and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline is a regional airline headquartered in Indianapolis, operating fixed-fee flights for American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines. The Company’s fleet consists of nearly 190 Embraer 170/175s, offering approximately 950 flights daily to 100 cities in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. Our crew bases include Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Kansas City, MO (MCI), Miami, FL (MIA), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). We have 10 maintenance bases: Charlotte, NC (CLT), Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Louisville, KY (SDF), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway! For more information, please visit our website at www.rjet.com.
Formulates partnerships across the human resource (HR) function to deliver value-added service that aligns and reflects the business objectives of the organization. Identifies needs; creates and recommends programs that enhance (HR) client services.
- Provides human resource and business leadership, direction and guidance to support strategic direction and growth for all assigned business units.
- Partners with management and associates to develop integrated solutions to challenges, improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Acts as an associate champion and change agent.
- Confers with management to develop strategies for implementing change and encouraging associate acceptance of new structures and processes.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual supervisory coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluating and monitoring training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objective goals are met.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of associates, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides Company policy guidance and interpretation. Assists in developing departmental policies as they relate to managing human resources.
- Manages and resolves complex associate relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides advice and counsel to associates and management in exploring alternatives for resolution of work-related problems affecting the employer-employee relationship.
- Maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
- Provides day-to-day performance management and human resource direction to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Fosters the Company’s core values and culture throughout the work environment.
- Performs projects or other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S.) in Human Resources, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- At least 5 years of experience in resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Airline industry experience, preferred
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state employment laws.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.
- Travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight stays.