Cox Automotive is currently looking for an HR Business Partner to join our team in Mission, Kansas.
The HR Business Partner leads the Human Resources function for the Dealer Software Solutions (Xtime) organizations. It plays a key role in developing and implementing the HR strategy and programs in support of short-term and long-term business goals with the overall goal of attracting, retaining, and developing the best talent. This position reports to the Senior Director, HR Business Partners and is a key member of the HR team.
- Act as a strategic partner, advising business leaders on the development of the business group(s) plans and programs, particularly from the perspective of the impact on people. Analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention/engagement, and team member experience. Lead implementation of workforce planning, succession planning, career and performance management to support the assigned group(s) growth plans
- Partner with HR shared services (e.g., Recruiting, Compensation & Benefits, Legal, etc.) to ensure the business groups receive the necessary services, support, and communications from these centralized HR functions
- Provide management coaching to build leadership capabilities to address and resolve team member issues.
- Advise leaders on organizational structures, compensation structures, and performance strategies to strengthen performance of business group.
- Implement/administer/interpret policies/programs/procedures; manage compliance across the business, including policy creation, release, and adoption. Provide ongoing support to the leadership team on HR-related matters, policies, and procedures.
- Manage complex employee relations issues and investigations as needed to resolve potential conflicts, violations of policy, or workplace issues.
- Identify HR trends across the business groups and proactively design programs to address these trends; continually assess the competitiveness and effectiveness of programs and practices against relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets.
- 5+ years of experience in HR areas of expertise and/or business experience, displaying increasing levels of expertise and complexity
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology or related area preferred. In lieu of a degree, education and work experience will be considered
- Solid understanding of compliance within the HR field and its application and impact on the business
- Ability to influence and partner with leadership and individual contributor levels of the organization to achieve results
- Strong HR and business acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Must have the ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge in organizational development, change management, employee relations, and leadership development
- Demonstrated ability to drive human resource strategies and programs in a complex, fast growing, and dynamic environment.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-KS-Mission-5700 Broadmoor St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing