HR Business Partner San Francisco, CA
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. Youll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every dayIn Human Resources, we are committed to growing and protecting First Republic and its culture by attracting, retaining and supporting our most valuable resource: people. Providing our employees with extraordinary service is our commitment; their success is our reward.
Overview Youll have the opportunity to be a strategic and trusted advisor to assigned business units, executing people and culture strategies, objectives and plans. You will play a lead role, working closely with the SVP, HR Business Partner Team Lead and HR Centers of Excellence (Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition & Development and HR Technology & Operations). As an HR Business Partner, youll develop and maintain in-depth understanding of how your internal client groups operate, their strategies, business and resource plans and needs, including the business units financial position, midrange plans and competition. You will expertly align business objectives and needs with people and culture strategies and resources. You will also play a key role in helping ensure First Republic continually enhances our position as a great place to work.
What youll do as an HR Business Partner:
- Act as a member of First Republics HRBP Leadership Team (HRBPLT) and exemplify our HRBP Model, ways of working, and have a deep understanding of our overarching people and culture strategies, objectives and offerings Act as a member of the assigned business units Leadership Team; having a key seat at the table, contributing to business strategy and plans, and coaching and guiding on the strategic direction of people and culture Where applicable, attract, engage, develop and retain your direct reports; including providing expert guidance and coaching to enable them to best meet their client group needs and excel as an HRBP
People and Culture Strategy:
- Develop and maintain in-depth understanding of the assigned business units annual and long-range business strategies, plans, objectives, and people and culture needs
- Act as a people and culture champion and change agent
- Develop and cultivate relationships and synergies across our HR Centers of Excellence to design, develop, implement, communicate and execute core FRB and customized business unit people and culture strategies and programs
- Communicate needs proactively with our HR Centers of Excellence and business leaders and ensure that leaders and teams in your client groups are aware of our HR strategies and plans early to contribute to the direction of these
- Play a lead role in helping your client groups assimilate, implement and execute key people and culture strategies, practices and programs; including ensuring that appropriate people, communication, education and change management are in place to support people and culture strategy and program delivery
Strategic Business Partnering:
- Continually provide our HR Centers of Excellence with feedback and guidance; provide strategic HR partnering and coordination, and appropriate use of HR operational resources, such as Employee Relations, Benefits, Payroll and HR Administration
- Act as a trusted adviser, coach and consultant to leaders and management in your client groups to improve their leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insights and business performance
- Leverage analytics to help your business unit(s) grow, engage, develop and retain talent
- Identify and inform HR Technology & Operations of recurring and/or ad hoc business unit needs for HR analytics, reporting, technology or other HR operational requirements
- With your manager and other HRBP colleagues, determine and deliver a routine and reliable cadence of HR analytics and insights that help your business unit(s) stay ahead of internal/external people and culture trends and dynamics
- Build and cultivate internal and external relationships to bring value-added insights and services to business leaders, teams and First Republic overall
Talent, Engagement and Inclusion:
- Lead workforce planning for your assigned business unit(s) to create a robust, specific and scalable approach to growing our people and our business
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition & Development, Total Rewards and business leaders to advocate the Talent agenda; help First Republic remain at a competitive edge; build and promote knowledge and networks of talent across your business unit(s) and more broadly
- Lead or co-lead Talent Management and Succession Planning in your business unit(s); help us ensure a strong pipeline of talent and to address any talent gaps in a timely manner
- Proactively partner with your manager, other HRBP colleagues, and our HR Centers of Excellence to identify, define and lead initiatives that reinforce and strengthen our values and culture, and our ability to attract, engage, develop and retain diverse top talent
What skills you will use:
- Bachelors Degree. Advanced Human Resources certification is preferred e.g. Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR)
- 7+ years diverse HR experience in a corporate environment, with significant HR business partnering experience
- Experience working as a HR Business Partner with a high volume non-exempt population
- Experience with employment based immigration
- People management experience is preferred, including managing and leading other HR practitioners
- Recent experience creating and shaping annual and longer-range HR/people and culture strategies, including helping business units develop and successfully execute against annual and longer-range people and culture roadmaps
- Recent experience working with executive teams on key matters related to people and culture
- Experience influencing stakeholders at varying levels
- Experience in banking or related financial services is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of key and current employment legislation
- Strong knowledge of current wage/hour laws
- Full employee and HR lifecycle knowledge (talent acquisition, total rewards, learning, leadership development, talent and succession management, retention, engagement, culture and operations)
- A recognized HR expert with demonstrated success in delivering people and culture strategies that link directly to business drivers, and strengthen company culture and employee engagement
- Working knowledge of enterprise-wide HR systems, as well as demonstrated ability to understand the data structure and effectively translate data and information into valuable business insights
- Understanding of the highly competitive employment environment in the markets where we operate and serve
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated proactivity and exactness in identifying and addressing key people and culture needs
- Business acumen, including a solid understanding of the intersection between business and people and culture, and the value strategic HR can bring to the organization
- Personal credibility with a proven record of building trusted relationships with senior business leaders
- Coaching and strategic advisory skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with ability to present a clear and strategic point-of-view to senior management while being able to defend and articulate the thought process and rationale behind recommendations
- Strategic thinker with a proven track record of elevating and evolving business in line with contemporary and best practices
- Communication and consulting skills and ability to get things done
- Proclivity for collaboration and comfortable challenging the status quo
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career apply nowAre you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. Youll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability thats the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.