The Human Resources Business Partner acts as a generalist for specifically assigned locations and/or departments within Park 100 Foods. The incumbent manages all the HR processes for those areas (talent acquisition and onboarding, employee relations, compensation, benefit questions/issues, HRIS integrity and administration, HR reporting, special projects as needed or assigned, policy implementation, worker’s compensation reporting, coaching, leadership training and coaching and overall assurance that HR laws are followed at all times) ensuring compliance with federal and state laws and regulations and company policies and procedures. This position works independently but in coordination with the Director of Human Resources, Culture and Training to ensure a consistent approach across the organization. The job requires independent thinking and good judgement along with varied and sometimes long hours, including evenings, nights and weekends, depending on the needs of the assigned locations/departments for this 24/6 or 24/7 operation. The incumbent must be willing and capable of owning the work and being accountable for decisions made, conversations held and for accomplishing the work at hand. The incumbent will be charged with leading and finding and using resources as needed to accomplish the work in a manner consistent with the Park 100 Foods mission, vision and values.
Mission – Vision – Values at Park 100 Foods
Our mission: Park 100 Foods develops and consistently delivers custom crafted, culinary rooted, kettle simmered, brand positioning foods, through a culture of innovation and relationships built on trust.
Our Vision – To excel at custom crafting kettle simmered foods.
• Food First Culture – We thoughtfully source high integrity ingredients and passionately craft every spoonful.
• Honest – We believe in honest relationships, honest ingredients, and honest cooking. Promises made are promises delivered.
• Trusted – Long term relationships, built on honesty, transparency, and collaboration, are of the utmost importance to us.
• Innovative – Traditional kettle cooking, packaging, ingredient sourcing and product development methods are continually enhanced with science and technology.
• Aspirational – We facilitate a culture of learning, and of continuous improvement, to proactively find better ways to serve.
Must possess a bachelor’s degree in a social science, business or related field and 3 years Human Resources experience. Prior experience in talent acquisition and employee relations is necessary to excel in this position.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office products to include but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint -- Word, PowerPoint and Excel will be used daily
• Must be organized with excellent time management skills and demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
• Must be capable and willing to maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times and use diplomacy and tact in interactions
• Must have demonstrated strong communication skills and customer service skills
• Must be resourceful and proactive in addressing customer service concerns, opportunities, and proactively solving problems
• Prior experience with ADP Workforce Now is preferred
• Prior experience working in applicant tracking database systems is preferred
• Must be willing to drive to various locations at a moment’s notice
• Must be willing to work as needed and when needed – the schedule will vary, and the hours may be long at times which could be for days/weeks/months or only on a single day
• Must be familiar with HR laws and regulations to ensure the company follows those at all times
• Must be open and willing to learn and to adapt as the business needs change
• Must be a team player in this organization and in the HR department
• Leads the talent acquisition process for the locations assigned. Interviews and makes offers and keeps the position control (matrix) updated at all times working closing with the Plant Superintendent to maintain the integrity of the job matrix
• At times, may prepare new hire documents and send to new hires in preparation for the onboarding process
• Indicates candidates who should receive communication from Park 100 Foods regarding the disposition of his/her application and ensures communications are sent
• Notifies any affected candidate of (letters re convictions)
• Leads new hire orientation as assigned which could be as often as weekly
• Works with other Park 100 employees to ensure the new hire is welcomed into the culture by verifying locker assignments, sending announcement of new hire after orientation, ensuring assignment of Ambassador and all other new hire protocols are completed. Works with the HR Assistant as a final check to ensure E-verify, background check and drug screen are completed and acceptable prior to start date. Provides new hire information to the HR Assistant for entry into the HRIS
• Schedules and makes regular plant visits and emergency visits as necessary and when needed by plant leaders
• Makes regular plant evening/night visits to support the employees on the evening and night shifts and the leaders on those shifts
• Is available to employees to answer questions regarding employment and Park 100 Foods processes and procedures (i.e., transfers, FMLA, benefits, open enrollment, pay questions, job hours, attendance points)
• In tandem with plant leadership, reviews documentation for termination, receives approval and terminates employees after review by the Director of HR and the VP at Park 100 Foods
• Leads and administers the performance review and bonus process 3 times annually for assigned departments
• Leads and administers the perfect attendance award program 4 times annually for assigned departments
• Assists the Director of HR in recognition programs and tenure award programs
• Assists the Director in the implementation of training programs and initiatives
• Assists the Director in open enrollment implementation and process and any benefit reporting that is required
• Acts as a back-up to the 2nd HRBP and the HR Assistant when that person is on vacation, ill, FMLA or other reason
• Performs compensation studies as needed and is proactive in keeping a pulse on the market and changes that may be needed
• Orders Shoes for Crews for new hires and other employees as needed and in a timely manner
• After approval, posts pertinent announcements and information to the TV screens
• Provides data to leaders when requested and as needed in order to keep the operation running smoothly and to make good decisions
• Must be devoted to making Park 100 Foods a best place to work; works tirelessly for the best of the business while caring about the employees
• As a member of the HR team, must recognize that you will be held to a higher standard therefore the critical need to follow all policies, procedures and ethical business practices at all times and to admit and own mistakes so a correction can be made quickly
• Performs other duties as assigned