As an HR Business Partner (HRBP) you will play a key role in providing guidance and support to campus leadership in areas such as workforce planning, onboarding, performance management, employee relations, training and development, compensation and employee engagement. The HRBP will advise campus leadership on HR best practices, as well as the interpretation and practical application of HR policies, procedures and legislation.
- Actively partners with campus leadership; serves as the go to person for HR questions and guidance related to policies, procedures, systems, benefits, compensation, FMLA, ADA, etc.
- Provides HR guidance to campus leadership on employee relations issues.
- Conducts New Employee Orientation.
- Works with campus leadership to find solutions to employee performance issues; guides disciplinary actions to conclusion.
- Provides HR support in organizational change initiatives to include job design, communications, terminations, promotions and new hires.
- Administers a variety of human resources programs and functions including employee relations, FMLA, ADA, tuition reimbursement/discount, training, open enrollment & benefit changes, worker’s compensation claims, job classification reviews, performance reviews,onboarding, and exit processes.
- Ensures fairness and accuracy in HR documentation.
- Ensures consistency in the execution of HR policies and practices.
- Maintains positive relationships with managers and employees to promote a culture of open communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business-related field required
- PHR, SPHR certification desirable
Relevant Work Experience:
- 5+ years experience in Human Resources with at least 3 years prior HR Generalist experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A well-rounded HR skill-set: knowledge of fundamental HR practices across employee relations, benefits, staffing, management practices, organizational effectiveness, compensation and talent management
- Attention to detail and the capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing complex processes, decisions and handling sensitive information; including knowing when to escalate
- Exceptional communication, listening, coaching, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong working knowledge of US federal employment laws and regulations (ADA, EEO, FMLA, FLSA) and the ability to appropriately spot employment risk issues
- Ability to work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced organization
- Comfortable working hands-on to get things done
- Ability to handle multiple projects; shifting priorities effectively as needed
- HR Information Systems experience required; UltiPro preferred
Do you want to make a difference? If so, then ECPI University may be the place for you. We are seeking professionals with the experience and knowledge to help transform the lives of our students.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Small class sizes
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An adult-focused accelerated schedule
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.