The Human Resources Consultant is a key liaison and partner to leadership and provides comprehensive human resources expertise and support related to employment practices, access to legal resources and general guidance in developing a relationship between leaders and employees working across the organization supporting a variety of functions. The consultant provides coordination and support for identified human resources operational processes, including development, coordination and communication of administrative and human resource policies, human resources reporting requirements, joint commission compliance, and facilitation of disciplinary processes and application of labor and employment law principles in day to day operations. The role acts as a resource “partner” and advocates assisting employees in accessing Human Resources as well as other Altru resources available to employees.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides human resources expertise, consultation and partnership to leadership in functional areas including employee relations, coaching and performance management, recruitment and staffing, disciplinary actions, regulatory requirements, legal compliance to mitigate risk.
- Conducts and facilitates investigations of claims, issues, and allegations in coordination as needed with compliance and legal services and other departments to make recommendations based on policies and practices for intervention and resolution. Participates in legal proceedings and/or mediation activities as needed.
- Partners with People Resources and others to foster a positive and collaborative work environment, building relationships that foster organizational development and process improvement. Builds credibility through accurate and consistent application of laws, policies, and procedures and it involved in facilitating team dynamic.
- Monitors employee engagement and satisfaction through, on-boarding processes, exit interviews and other feedback to identify any action needed. Partners with leaders as appropriate in accomplishing career transitioning as needed.
- Participates and takes accountability for special projects, programs, and processes as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
- Demonstrates understanding and follows infection control policies and procedures according to standard operating procedure.
- Maintains requirements for age specific competencies for the position and demonstrates the knowledge or principles of growth and developments and the skills necessary to provide patient/customer care/services.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of and compliance with:
- All pertinent safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Working safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- The work environment safety procedures and prompt reporting of unsafe practices, procedures, accidents, injuries or other safety violations to the Leader.
- The use of all safety equipment and personal protective equipment.
License, Certification & Registration
- Human Resources Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP), Preferred
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Human Resources or related field, Required
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience, Required
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrates the ability to multitask and be detail oriented, Required
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written format, Required