Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general supervision of the Benefits and HRIS Manager, assist employees with benefits related inquires, maintain employee data base, track new hires and termination, maintain employee files and provide clerical and administrative Human Resources support as needed.
* Responsible for HR/Benefits transactional processing to include: New Hire, Transfers, Promotions, Terminations, Benefits Enrollment, Leave of Absence, and Qualified Life Events in HRIS
* Completes I-9 verification and obtains supporting documents, completes e-Verify for work eligibility and submits regulatory paperwork for all new hires
* Reports new hires to appropriate agencies monthly
* Responds to routine inquiries from employees regarding HR policies and procedures
* Prepare and maintain employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentially
* Coordinates employee recognition programs including service awards and quarterly birthdays
* Provide wage and employment verifications to employers, financial institutions and government agencies when presented with written authorization confirming identity
* Process Tuition Reimbursement requests
* Responsible for annual OSHA reporting
* Reconcile and process monthly vendor invoices
* Create and distribute HR/Benefits related reporting and adhoc reports as needed
* Provides administrative support to Benefits Manager and Human Resources Department as needed
* Assist with the coordination of company-wide annual Flu Shot program
* Organizes and coordinates special projects and employee events as assigned
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investi.gation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's Degree and 1 or 2 years work related experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience in one of the following fields: Human Resources or Insurance
* Performing work in this job's occupational field requires the application of vocational or administrative skills and methods taught in specialized training and/or learned through formal apprenticeship
* In relation to other jobs in the same function, this requires a basic level of proficiency to work on assignments of intermediate difficulty and a thorough knowledge of superior's area of responsibility as well as a general knowledge of company policies and procedures
* The primary or most necessary skills required for this job are organizational skills. Other important skills include strong written and oral communication, and inter-personal skills
* Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Ability to prioritize; work under pressure, and multi-task
* Knowledge of Company policies/procedures & benefit package or the ability & willingness to learn
* Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* This job is normally performed in a mostly clean and comfortable environment.
* Duties in this job are usually performed while in a seated position with freedom to move about at will.
* This job requires ordinary care and attention to avoid injury.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT REQUIRE AN ACTIVE DoD CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled