The Human Resources Coordinator, is responsible for assisting the Human Resources Director in the overall management and administration of the Human Resources responsibilities in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and to maximize profitability.
- Provide overall support to the human resources department, enabling smooth operations in a fast-paced environment. Use your multi-tasking talents to assist with associate and management needs during the employment lifecycle
- Be the first point of contact for all inquiries for the HR Department; escalate concerns to HR Director when needed.
- Manage HR department's administrative tasks which include copies, faxing, answering moderate to heavy phone calls and handling incoming/outgoing mail.
- Employ your excellent people skills to help with the hiring process and Employee Relations matters
- Recruitment and staffing including actively and timely sourcing candidates, maintenance of job postings within budget and staffing guidelines, assist with new hire paperwork, on-boarding, etc
- Help ensure safety and regulatory compliance by maintaining employment and termination records and logs and regulatory tracking. Administer OSHA, workers comp, unemployment claims, ensuring effective communication flow between all parties
- Effectively communicate important information to associates, including benefits, and assist with orientation. Ensure that associate bulletin boards are current, interesting, and include safety information
- Manage team member relations programs, activities and initiatives to include, but not limited to, picnics, holiday functions, health fairs, award banquets, CARE activities and special events
- Exceptional communication skills in order to prepare official memorandum and correspondence as well as provide clear and meaningful instructions, guidance and counseling to all associates
- Ability to observe employees in the work place, analyze operations and detect situations of concern with regard to areas such as employee performance, grooming, training, policy adherence and morale
- A commitment to confidentiality and building trusting relationships with all the associates
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required
- Computer proficiency required with previous experience using HRIS programs, Microsoft Office suites, and other software is required
- Minimum of one year hotel or human resources related work experience preferred
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required
We are looking to hire the best leaders and welcome all qualified candidates. This position pays a competitive wage along with options for health insurance, 401k, life insurance, Paid Time Off, professional development and opportunities for career advancement.