ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Assists visitors and responds to general inquiries by referring to established policies and procedures, escalating inquiries as determined by department guidelines.
- Assists with the maintenance of the reception area and conference rooms, maintaining the schedules for department conference rooms in a timely and accurate manner and working to resolve any scheduling conflicts.
- Assists in the creation of all shipping materials in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides and accepts departmental forms and reviews for completeness for processes such as employment verification and tuition reimbursement.
- Assists with process improvement initiatives through tracking and elevating communication for the refinement of processes and procedures.
- Provides general office support, including accepting and delivering interdepartmental correspondence, date stamping all received materials, and sorting and distributing mail.
- Responsible for photocopying materials and retrieving and storing supplies.
- Maintains reception and work areas and equipment in a neat and orderly manner.
- Assists in cleaning and organizing the department on own initiative and reports any malfunctioning to the appropriate resources.
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes hospital's Values as the basis for decision making and to facilitate the division's hospital mission.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as needed.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
- HS Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- aPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP preferred
Six months to one year of experience in an office setting with a high level of public contact. Knowledge and skills normally acquired through the completion of a four year degree.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Team oriented and ability to adapt to change
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and the ability to work on data entry
- Ability to multi task along with strong judgment skills
- Good judgment and detail oriented