Summary: The HR Generalist will be primarily responsible for providing human resources support and services to the management team and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and develop positive employee relations by providing direct HR support to the manufacturing facility
- Manage facility payroll function
- Resolve and address all employee questions and concerns by partnering with plant leadership team.
- Assist HR Manager with broader HR responsibilities
- Conduct preliminary investigations
- Manage FMLA/LOA’s
- Respond to Unemployment claims and Worker Comp claims
- Respond to facility HR correspondences
- Assess processes and stream line
- Enforce Federal and State compliance on payroll, employee relations and leaves
- In consultation with the HR Manager, assist plant leaders with the management of corrective action to drive performance and adherence to company policy
- Interpret company policies and process to ensure consistency for facility leadership and employees
- Facilitate employee communications to ensure clarity and understanding
- Manage monthly employee engagement events
- Support plant operations
- Participate on corporate projects and initiatives
- Promote and incorporate Corp Values
- Coach and develop leaders on processes, procedures and performance management
- Assess plant needs and implant change
- Create a positive and support HR culture
- Oversee reception and delegate tasks appropriately
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- 2 - 5 years HR Generalist experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 - 5 years payroll experience
- State and Federal employment compliance knowledge
- Experience handling and resolving a wide range of employee relations issues.
- An intense focus on customer service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with a diverse group of employees.
- Must be comfortable developing and conducting group presentations to employees.
- Ability to remain calm in various situations
- Ability to ensure all levels of leadership are in compliance with State and Federal labor laws
- Ability to assess escalation needs
- PHR certification
- Titan software experience
- Kronos timekeeping experience
- Success Factors software experience
JELD-WEN is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. To ensure the safety and health of our employees, JELD-WEN maintains a drug-free work environment.