We are seeking an experienced highly motivated, resourceful and organized, Human Resources Generalist that will bring a dynamic persona to our fun, hardworking and diverse Human Resources Team that puts their many talents and abilities towards supporting management, employees and a variety of ministries.
This is an amazing opportunity for those that welcome challenges, learning and understanding how to incorporate compassion, dignity and respect into every day Human Resources functions.
This position requires 2-3 years current HR Generalist multi-location experience, working knowledge and application of state, federal, city employment and wage and hour laws, recruitment, placement and retention best practices, timely and effective resolution of employee relations issues and development of and delivering relevant training programs.
Fluent oral and written Bi-Lingual/Bi-Cultural skills (English/Spanish), public speaking skills, and knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church is required. PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Uphold the pastoral values of Service, Communication, Stewardship and Excellence. Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
- Work in conjunction with other HR Generalists
- Source and place well qualified candidates
- Maintain HRIS system
- Create, implement and administer electronic application, resume, application tracking systems, requisition chain of command, etc
- Design innovative onboarding/ orientation process
- Conduct new hire orientation
- Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Human Resources, develop and deliver relevant and timely training programs
- Advise and assist management with employee relations issues, application of progressive discipline policies and procedures, and work closely with the Sr. Director of Human Resources to ensure employee relations best practices are being followed
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a HR Generalist
- Training/Staff development
- Bilingual Skills (English/Spanish) both written and oral
- Non-profit experience. (a plus)
- PHR or SPHR Certified. (a plus)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Recruitment, job development best practices and compensation
- Utilization of social media recruitment tools
- Knowledge of State, Federal and City employment laws.
- HRIS System (ADP Vantage)
- Compensation Analysis
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills, English and Spanish
- Proficiency with MS Suite: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel
- Conflict resolution
- Public speaking
- Data analysis
- Work with a diverse constituency
- Maintain confidentiality
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Travel within Archdiocese boundaries as needed
- Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis
- Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking
- Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms