Who is KIK?
KIK creates products and brands that people trust to care for themselves, their families, and their homes. KIK offers leading brands and high-quality products that care for the everyday need of the consumers. KIK is committed to a culture of performance where collaboration, agility, and responsiveness are the cornerstones of success.
KIK's Personal Care division is a market leading North American product developer, formulator and manufacturing partner for personal care and prestige beauty products serving global CPG companies and fast-growing asset-light brand owners. Our capabilities include a broad range of packaging formats (including aerosol and liquids) in multiple product categories (including hair, skin, bath and beauty, oral care, sun care and OTC). We have an extensive footprint of 7 manufacturing sites across the U.S. and Canada with a rigorous focus on quality. The products we make are distributed by our customers globally across all retail channels including mass, food, drug, specialty, wholesale and prestige (professional salons, spas, beauty specialty and department stores). Our goal is to always delight our customers and consumers with innovative high quality products and exceptional service.
The Human Resources Generalist provides critical day to day support for the site HR Manager in ensuring all employees are aligned and aware of KIK Human Resources policies and procedures across our 2 Cortland, New York manufacturing plants with a FTE population of approximately 520 employees. In partnership with the site HR Manager this position is responsible for administration and promotion of Human Resources initiatives that support an employee-oriented, high performance culture emphasizing excellence, productivity and goal attainment. Your Generalist strengths and experience should include supporting hourly staffing and talent acquisition, employee relations, new hire training, employee relations, and on/off boarding. You will also be responsible for Payroll, Time and Attendance. In addition, the HR Generalist communicates company policies and procedures and tracks relevant data to ensure compliance with company standards and legal regulations. We anticipate this role being approximately 50% admin and the other 50% a combination of the above activities. This is an ideal opportunity for a strong HRG seeking growth, development and future career opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the recruitment and staffing of non-exempt level positions and occasionally exempt positions.
- Ensures adequate training in the areas of new employee orientation, safety training, management training, benefits etc.
- Provides policy and procedure explanation and employee benefits information to newly hired employees and current employees, as necessary.
- Administers coaching/ counseling and/ discipline as appropriate. Maintains a positive and effective relationship with the workforce in an effort to accomplish business goals.
- Administers the attendance programs for hourly employees and leave administration for all employees.
- Assists in the implementation of HR programs at the assigned plant locations.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties for the Human Resources Manager. Prepares correspondence, memos and reports, documentation and filing.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related major
- 5 years’ related experience
- 2 years’ experience in manufacturing plant HRG experience
- Ability to adapt to and drive change effectively
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision and work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills
- Possess leadership capabilities, emotional intelligence and strong presentation skills
- Solid understanding of HR fundamentals
- Ability to effectively handle employee matters across multiple locations
Thank you for your interest and consideration in a position with KIK!
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to seeking diversity in its workforce by attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified candidates and employees without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, ethnic or national origin, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other status protected by law.