The role of the Distribution Center Human Resource Generalist – Bolingbrook is to lead and implement the effective and consistent delivery of Human Resource programs and services, including drive the overall HR strategy and provide tactical human resources leadership for the Bolingbrook Distribution complex. The role is responsible for building and maintaining a direct partnership with the Bolingbrook Distribution complex and collaborative partner relationships with the HR centers of excellence and shared services to proactively deliver and implement HR strategy in alignment with the business needs.
The role is tactical in executing talent management, employee and labor relations, talent acquisition, workforce planning and compliance initiatives for a Distribution complex.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of HR and business strategy in support of operational growth and exceptional customer service.
- Serves as an active participant in leadership meetings and participates in making key decisions and in developing strategic plans and objectives for the business.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written as well as the ability to facilitate both small and large groups in a variety of forums including formal presentations, working meetings, business reviews and informal discussions. Demonstrated ability to design effective meetings and small group interactions including one to one discussions and conflict mediations.
- Leads and advises team responsible for employee dispute resolutions and labor relations matters, in a union environment, labor relations, employee engagement and work performance. Represents the company on matters pertaining to its employee, labor and community relations.
- Promotes a high level of employee-employer commitment.
- Advises and counsels business partners in managing the development and performance of their staff. Facilitates career development, succession planning and workforce planning discussions.
- Identifies and assesses business partner needs for employee and management development and training. Coordinates with business partners to deliver cross-functional and on-the-job training. Collaborates with Talent Management Center of Excellence on the development of effective training interventions.
- Leads and advises sourcing, recruiting, interviewing, selection and retention efforts for both exempt and non-exempt level positions.
- Ensure legal compliance in areas such as Form I-9s, poster compliance, wage and hour, employee screening, and annual audits. Ensure implementation and monitor compliance of existing company policies and programs such as postings, orientation, retention, exit interviews and revisions to handbooks and orientation materials.
- Project Management such as the development of HR metrics, and retention strategies. Employ workforce planning systems including talent management, succession planning and leadership development.
- Partner with leadership to develop and maintain an organizational design structure that provides for appropriate levels of management as well as development opportunities. Direct change management initiatives by developing awareness, understanding, ownership and accountability for change.
- Conduct talent review meetings up to director level roles. Facilitate career planning discussions with the management team. Implement corporate programs that further to develop team members and those who serve in leadership roles like mentoring programs and specialized training programs. Facilitate team building sessions to further teaming and build internal skills to resolve conflict.
- Manages all administrative processes, as required.
- Responsible for payroll timecard and transmittals
Organizational Design/Change Management:
- Drives change management discipline with business leaders in support of key initiatives. Directs change management initiatives by developing awareness, understanding, ownership, and accountability for change.
- Ensures implementation and monitors compliance of legal requirements and company policies and programs.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; other duties may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources is strongly preferred.
- Master’s or Advanced degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3+ years of Human Resources experience, including previous leadership experience.
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment is required.
- Project management experience such as the development of HR metrics, or retention strategies.
- Experience working in a conventional and mechanized/automated safety-conscious warehouse environment.
- Previous employee relations experience (to include corrective action processes, terminations, conflict mediation, etc).
- Proven ability to independently identify and analyze issues and problems and develop and influence appropriate customer-focused business solutions and plans of action
- A high level of initiative with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, deal with ambiguity, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with absolute confidentiality and professionalism
Experience conducting and managing corporate investigations of complex/sensitive workplace complaints, including EEO related allegations.
- Experience deploying workforce planning systems including talent management, succession planning and leadership development
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written as well as the ability to facilitate both small and large groups in a variety of forums including formal presentations, working meetings, business reviews and informal discussions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn HR systems applications.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully:
Fresh Thyme is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Fresh Thyme via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Fresh Thyme in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Fresh Thyme, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Fresh Thyme as a result of the referral or through other means.