ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company employees.
- Responsible for all staffing needs and recruit new talent as needed. Participates in recruitment, interviewing and hiring process for exempt and non-exempt personnel (typically excluding managerial levels and above). Coordinates employment activities with supervisors to ensure proper policies and procedures are followed; and helps to coordinate the use of seasonal and temporary employees.
- Conducts new employee orientations; administers pre-employment tests; conducts reference and background checks and owns the on-boarding process.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains current book/file.
- Assists VP of HR in filing EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs pertaining to applicant flow procedures and the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Manages the benefit administrative duties of all employee benefits to include claims resolution, change reporting, and reviewing invoices for payment.
- Tracks employee timeframe for insurance and 401k eligibility and beneficiary needs.
- Serves as scribe on the Safety Committee. Tracks and maintains safety incidents and injury reports and related information and maintains OSHA 300 reporting and posting.
- Responsible for reporting all Worker’s Compensation Claims to insurance company in a timely manner and update VPHR on all follow-up visits.
- Assists in organizational training and development efforts, employee surveys, and other employee related activities and services.
- Assists with processing terminations and has authority to conduct terminations with supervisors/managers.
- Assures timely processing of unemployment claims, completes and sends out Texas Workforce chargebacks and related termination paperwork.
- Responsible for entering child support orders.
- Assists/conducts exit interviews and tracks trends. Tracks and maintains turnover reports and analysis.
- Compiles ad-hoc reports from human resources as needed.
- Maintains all employee related files and ensures compliance with all statutory and legal requirements.
- Maintains Samsill’s recognition and reward files/certificates.
- Coordinates Milestone Anniversary lunches and leads the process for employee and company events.
- Develops monthly calendar and assists with developing newsletter
- Assists VPHR with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Assists President/CEO and Executive Team with administrative support.
- Facilitates/leads team efforts in process improvement initiatives.
- Translates necessary communications to employees in Spanish.
- Process employee status changes in HRIS system.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business administration or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of Human resources experience, preferably in a generalist role.
- PHR certification required.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English strongly preferred.
- MS Office proficient including Outlook, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral, written and organizational skills, featuring diplomacy and conflict resolution.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently with good time management skills.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to perform tasks without direct supervision.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A bachelor’s degree in human resources or equivalent; or three years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent of education or training. SHRM/PHR certification strongly preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Bilingual in Spanish/English strongly required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be a self-starter and able to perform tasks without direct supervision. Ability to carry out short-term tactical planning.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: MS Office proficient.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. Must be able to walk up and down stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
An EEO Employer