If interested in the position below, please send your most up-to-date resume to Andie at email@example.com
Our client is hiring a temporary Employee Relations Consultant - Centralized Investigations III. In this position you will be responsible for conducting and documenting a variety of HR investigations that may come through various sources such as our field HR Business Partners or escalated calls from our Clients, Worksite Employees or the MyLife Advisor Team. The incumbent would work in partnership with the respective Human Resources Business Partner, Regional leadership, the Client, and TS Legal throughout the investigation process as appropriate. Confidentiality is of most importance in this role.
- Investigates Client Worksite Employee (WSE) complaints or allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, ethics violations, hostile work environment, unfair treatment and violation of company policies.
- Develops relationships with, and coordinates relevant investigations with business partners, clients and colleagues.
- Independently decides the most effective and efficient method of investigation for each individual case.
- Prepares and documents investigative plans detailing the investigative plan of action according to department guidelines.
- Performs out-of-office field investigation, as appropriate.
- Develops sufficient evidence to conclusively establish facts.
- Independently conducts and documents comprehensive interviews/interrogations complainant and witnesses to obtain information which would be considered admissible under generally accepted rules of evidence.
- Provides regular updates to the Client, HRBP, and CRE (and legal as necessary) throughout the process and maintains close working relationships with all internal departments.
- Seeks resources, as needed, including but not limited to Client Employee Handbook, Basic Employment Policies, legal rulings and regulations, etc.
- Maintain awareness of current employment law and recommend policy and/or practice changes to comply with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Ensure that all department transactions remain confidential and release information only to those authorized to receive it.
- Must demonstrate high standards of ethics and personal accountability.
- Ability to keep all business and operations information confidential.
- Prepares comprehensive and cohesive investigative reports in a timely manner and makes recommendation for resolution based on supporting facts and evidence.
- Prepares and submits findings. Makes recommendations to TS and Client management and forwards final findings to Client's HRBP and advises resolution to be taken by Client.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
4-6 Years HR Experience with concentration or focused experience in investigations.
Bachelor's degree required plus one of the following (active) certifications: PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SCP
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
4-6 years of demonstrated Investigation experience with a centralized investigation group or reporting agency.
4-6 years of extensive experience writing Investigation Reports.
At least 4-6 years of experience in a customer service or human resources environment, with proven ability to produce positive results.
Ability to travel at least 25% of the time.
Master's Degree in relevant field preferred.
Problem-solving and Collaboration: experience in identifying, solving and executing problem resolution.
Able to make quick and informed decisions on employee relations issues.
Demonstrated ability to drive results through individual efforts and influencing others, without authority over them.
Communication-able to interact with all levels in an organization including worksite employees, managers and executives.
Account/Client management experience preferred.
Must have a working knowledge of HR laws, practices and policies.
Proficient in MS Office Suite; Outlook, Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178