InterDent was founded over 30 years ago by a group of dentists who realized that they could better focus on patient care if they retained business professionals to provide administrative and business support. Today, under the brands “Gentle Dental” and “SmileKeepers,” InterDent provides business services to approximately 200 practices in eight states including Arizona, California, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon and Washington supporting nearly 500 dentists and 2,000 employees.
The HR Generalist is a new position on our Human Resources team to support our growing teams.
This position is based in California.
As an HR Generalist you will manage day to day operations as part of the HR team and work with field operations to interpret and administer policies, procedures and programs. Partnering with your assigned territory or offices you will work with management and employees to coach and guide on employee relations issues, training and development, compensation, benefits and organizational development.
Work Environment and Travel
There may be as much as 40% travel for this position to support our field offices throughout the state of California. When not traveling, this position will primarily work out of a home office with periodic days in our Inglewood corporate office to support our corporate teams. As an exempt position, evening and/or weekend hours may be required to ensure the fulfillment of all duties and responsibilities.
Performs a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Provide Employee relationship management for the offices and teams in California
- Complete investigations and provide written responses to claims
- Support Performance management on an individual and group level
- Provide employee development and training on both an individual basis and to large audiences
- Policy development, documentation and interpretation
- Employee safety, welfare and wellness education
- Reporting requirements and compliance management
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree; prefer in human resources, business, or organizational development
- Prefer training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, or preventive labor relations
- Prefer five years or more experience in a mid-level HR role with responsibility for employee relations
Competencies and Qualifications
- Communication skills: The job requires good listening, speaking and writing skills. Ability to identify the root cause.
- Organizational skills: Must be able to easily access and store many types of information on a daily basis.
- Confidentiality: an HR generalist handles confidential and sensitive information that must not be shared with others.
- Proven experience independently creating and implementing a full range of HR programs and documents
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of employment laws; CA knowledge necessary
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to engage staff, manage change and influence others
- Strong presentation, oral and written communication skills; and
- Able to travel 40% of the time or when needed.