Providessupport to Human Resources team encouragingeffective administration of policies, procedures, guidelines and benefits. Responsible for recruiting, selection and placement of all hourly personnel, administering EEO/AAP for facility, supporting employee relations efforts, and overseeing the leave management program. The Generalist also assists with administrative functions of the Human Resources department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures a comprehensive and timely program to meet all hourly staffing requirements in the Seward facility
- Assist with the administration of a personnel practice program
- Administration and oversight of the leave management program
- Administration of Company’s benefits plans
- Participate in developing methods of improvement, cost savings and budgets. Meet and/or exceed established TVM Goals.
- Assist with coordination of company training program, including recognition of training needs, development of materials, and delivery of training to Team Leaders, Management and Hourly Team members, and documentation records.
- Conduct wage and salary administration programs for theSeward operations.
- Develop and maintain procedures programs for providing employee services to promote and maintain a high level of employee morale.
- In conjunction with employment matters, deals with state and local agencies on reports, appeals and hearings relating to employment security and statistics, including representation for the company. This position also maintains all records relating to the company's affirmative action program and assists in the preparation and execution of the plan, and deals with compliance officials at local, state and federal levels. Assures necessary monitoring to permit compliance with government regulations concerning fair employment practices and adherence to the affirmative action program.
- Bachelors degree in business or eqivalent.
- Minimum 2-5 years progressive experience in Human Resources.
- Experience in fast-paced manufacturing environment, automotive strongly preferred.
- Solid interviewing experience/skills.
- Experience in training and facilitation.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- PC proficient.
- A team player that is results driven, able to work under pressure, has strong leadership skills, high energy, strong organizational skills, is empathetic and able to deal with issues in an open, honest manner.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries orrequests from employees and management.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees and management.
- Strong understanding ofHR legislative requirements/laws (State & Federal).