The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Director of Human Resources in supporting designated locations. This is a Boston based position.
- Ensures that the on-boarding process for both managers and new hires is timely and seamless; assess and determine salary placement on established scales; create and issue offer letters; process requisite employment documents.
- Proactively maximizes positive employee relations by building successful relationships with employees and partnerships with managers; manages employee relations issues and conducts fair and thorough investigations, ensures proper documentation of employee statements, recommends appropriate resolutions in accordance with laws, regulations, and/or policies, and composes accurate, timely, and clear communications regarding the outcome.
- Implements and manages the interactive process for accommodations.
- Counsels managers on employee performance issues and responds to employee needs.
- Processes employment-related transactions including promotions, transfers, reclassifications, etc.; maintains personnel files both manually and via HRIS.
- In conjunction with other assigned staff, implements and attends monthly orientation program.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state regulations including required reporting.
- Consults with employees and managers by providing feedback, recommendations and information to ensure consistent interpretation of Harbor Health policies and procedures and federal and state legislation.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures.
- Prepares for and participates in regulatory audits; conducts periodic internal audits as needed.
Must be able to travel between Harbor sites and work from different locations.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- BA or BS in Human Resources, Business, or a related field, with 5 Years in a professional business environment performing Human Resources functions as described above, PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Or Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources, with 4 years in a professional business environment performing Human Resources functions as described above
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills both in person and on the telephone
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Experience identifying and managing employee relations issues
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Proven ability to influence, negotiate and build partnerships with all levels of management
- Intermediate knowledge of the following Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Understanding and ability to fully utilize HRIS systems including recruitment (ATS), personnel (HRMS), and training applications
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish, English/Vietnamese, English/Brazilian Portuguese preferred
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
- Flexible Schedules
- Life Insurance
- Employee Events
- Professional Development
- Paid sick days
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation/paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Long Term Disability
Human Resources Specialist